Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp notifications charge 2 iOS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will there be an update for iOS so I can choose for whatsapp notifications?

It is possible on android, why not for iOS?

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board. 

Indeed, at this moment Whatsapp notifications are only available for Android phones. I would like to appreciate your insight and feedback about this situation and I understand this is an important topic for many people, which is why I would like to encourage you to vote and comment on @Finckator's suggested idea to implement Whatsapp notifications for iOS. This is truly the best way to make your voice heard. 

Hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, keep me posted! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

It is so frustrating to see android to have this feature and no ios...how many more people have to ask for this update to golive?either you give this update or stop giving hopes and say sorry we cant give this update...dont stall...for such a long time users are asking this feature and fitbit is least bothered...

Best Answer

Hello @dodo12790, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for joining the conversation. 

I understand your position about Whatsapp messaging still not available on the iOS app, please note that our development team is always working towards improving the Fitbit experience and as you've noticed, we are constantly launching updates on the Fitbit app. 

I appreciate your patience and understanding, if you haven't voted on commented on @Finckator's suggested idea I'd want to encourage you to do so and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. 

Best Answer

Hey has the new update been reeased yet fot his or shall we all move to apple watch? 

I've had a fitbit charge 2 for a year now and still you havent fix this.

Best Answer

Hello @Yepi, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I understand you would like to see Whatsapp notifications on your Charge 2; however, this feature is not yet available. Please feel free to vote for  @Finckator's suggested idea, this is truly the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, please feel free to reply if there's anything else I can do for you. 

Best Answer

Please stop suggesting people to vote for a feature that you already have in Android. It feels insulting, not only because you put as "if you don't cry you don't get it" but because it also highlights poor product judgement on part of Fitbit to have such feature disparity between platforms for such a long time.

It is also interesting that the lifetime for a Fitbit is what? 1 to 2 years? And it has been at the very least 1 year since this was originally requested? So again, say that you wont support it. Have proper expectation management and you will have happy customers.

And please, don't tell me "thank you for your patience and understanding", because I don't understand Fitbit's judgement on product delivery, and I don't understand Fitbit's Support Team message of "yea go and vote for a total crucial feature that every competitor has, maybe we will do it maybe not". Also, as you can see, patience is now frustration.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Marco, your feelgood answers which you probably have to give because of some internal guidelines are in fact more than insulting. People have voted on numerous threads for notifications other than for text and Fitbit keeps ignoring us, instead we can now upload pictures of workouts or other nonsense that not nearly as much people have requested. Why even bother having us vote for features if you don't take customer feedback into consideration? 

Stop giving nonsense answers, if you think it can't be implemented or you don't want to implement let us know so we can look for alternatives.

Best Answer

Well said.

Best Answer

I'm in the process of deciding between a Apple Watch and a fitbit. The lack of app notifications on the fitbit, such as whatsapp is certainly seeing the Apple Watch as the front runner right now. If you don't want to lose more potential customers to Apple I'd suggest you sort this out right now! As others have mentioned, telling people to vote for an update for a year with no results does not give current or potential consumers much faith in your product.

Best Answer
I honestly don't see FitBit updating the Charge 2 so long after its introduction, which is a real pity. Simply allowing notifications would make it a better product, but they appear to have adopted a strategy of bouncing customers from support to this "never-happen-wishlist" in the hope that they just buy up to the smartwatch . I expect they're trying to differentiate between their "smart" watches and pure fitness products, but the problem is that even basic fitness products these days feature better notifications (and waterproofing, but let's not go there). I saw the new Ionic smartwatch FitBit launched and, despite some good features, it is breathtakingly ugly - I would rather be spending that kind of money on an Apple watch II - in my opinion.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to say I agree. Just had a look at the Fitbit ionic myself and agree it does look ugly and with it priced as it is the Apple Watch is a no brainier! My friend has a Fitbit blaze, which has all the functionality I really need (including whatsapp notifications on iOS) but it just looks so chunky on me. It's a shame that they can't just add this functionality to the charge 2 and/or bring out a smaller version of the blaze to suit different sized wrists!! Ah well, think it's Apple Watch for me.... 

Best Answer

Yes, it is a shame how they treat their customers. I would recommend Fitbit employees to google the history of "Miro"  a german company that (at that time) was building the best graphic cards and modems. However there software side was always lacking behind and in the end they went bust (they actually managed to release updates that made my modem go from 28.8 to 56k - note to all readers: a modem is what we used in the 90s to connect to the internet and we didn't even dream about fitness accessories) 

i am quite certain now that when my charge2 is due for a replace I will look at something else - but probably suunto or Garmin and not Apple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just went the other way, new fitbit yesterday after my apple watch screen smashed into thousand pieces the first time it hit the floor (from 1 foot height)! By all means get the apple watch as it's superior in functionality and this lack of WhatsApp notifications is really making me regret my switch.  Just make sure you get one of the naff wraparound covers for the watch face, it's super fragile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MarcoGFitbit,

Any news on that? After all this time, have any of the softwares engineer been able to crack WhatsApp notifications for charger 2 / iOS device? Could you please also respond about FB and Instagram Notifications?

It is a given to have such basic features on a pricy gadget as this one. No votes needed.  (I already voted, got mine today and I'm frustrated about the lack of this functionalities.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

I for one would love to see an answer to this, it's been ages since the last response from fitbit here.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about having Whatsapp notifications on your Charge 2 and iOS devices. At this moment our team is aware of your request and even though I don't have specific information about this feature, I'll make sure to update the thread once I do. 

Thank you so much for your feedback and for participating in our community, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
Hi, any news on this?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Hi, any updates on this?

Best Answer

I just brought a charge 2 and after seeing this I'm seriously thinking of returning it. Support is lacking on a device that could be so much more, unfortunately I have a Iphone and Fitbit doesn't care. Period.

Best Answer
0 Votes