Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 11 update not receiving notifications on tracker

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am no longer receiving notifications at all on my blaze tracker. I have checked everything possible! Is there anyone else having this problem and if so what is the fix if any?

Moderator edit: Title for Clarity 

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I did not install iOS 11 Beta, but waited until official release on Tuesday, September 19. Charge 2 is not syncing, and I can’t even enter my sleep times online.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would still try the steps mentioned here of deleting the Fitbit app and re-installing. There could be corruption of Fitbit data on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Deleted and reinstalled app and I’m back in business. Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m so pleased to help. I have owned fitbit for years and this has always been my go to action for any problems. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

After the ios 11 update I no longer get any notifications other than calls. I have already done the following none of which worked for me.

Check settings

Restart the Blaze

Restart the Phone

Disconnect/reconnect bluetooth then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Remove/Reinstall the Blaze, checked settings,  then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

Remove/Reinstall the Fitbit App, checked settings, then restart the Blaze and restart the Phone

I'm guessing that there are a lot of us out there with this issue. When will Fitbit release their update with bug fixes? This is so frustrating. Maybe I'm spoiled but I hate to have to go back to "old school" checking my phone lol.

It seems like they should have addressed this before it was mass released. Obviously they knew this was coming and even had users on beta months ago. 😞

Best Answer

Syncing with iPhone not working since iOS 11 update and it is no longer in beta so what is Fitbit doing about it?

Best Answer

Agreed! I’ve been fighting back and forth with customer service and I have more answers than they do. I bought this tracker less than 2 months ago as a replacement to my faulty Charge 2 to see this happen now. 

Officially never getting a Fitbit again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing apparently. They never even told me that iOS 11 was a problem. Hell, I’ve been talking with them for a week and this never came up until I looked it up. They said it was a connectivity problem between my phone and tracker, even though I said it was only texts I wasn’t getting. They said they’re looking into it but have no idea when and if it can be fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. It's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community @PedroGonzales and @jenniferdunne, welcome aboard. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I would like to point out that the Fitbit app has been made compatible with iOS 11 a couple updates ago. At this moment, if you're having trouble syncing, getting Notifications or setting up a tracker on your iOS 11 device, please update the app if you haven't already. 

If you're still having trouble syncing or setting up your tracker, please follow these instructions:

• Restart your tracker
  • Restart your phone
  • Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices, if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing/setup process.
  • Open the Fitbit app and pull down the screen to start a sync. 
  • If you're having trouble setting up your tracker go to Account > Set up a New Device and start the process again.

Now, if you're not yet receiving Notifications, please follow the instructions listed on my post to reset Notifications on your tracker. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
I did all of that. No luck. Furious.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It was an instant stop after the upgrade for me.

Best Answer

This worked for my Charge! Thank you:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Amy-F, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @jenniferdunneSmiley Happy

@Amy-F, I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

@jenniferdunne, if your tracker is still not receiving Notifications and you're running the latest OS and app versions on your phone, please check the following post in how to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app that has been proven very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes