Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app & Dashboard differ on distance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My iOS Fitbit app (v3.41.1) shows a walk (GPS on) as being 2.95 whereas the Dashboard shows the same walk is being 2.98 miles in length.

Please, Fitbit app and dashboard developers, use the same algorithms between platforms.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It’s good to see you in the community, @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. I would like to advise that our team is aware of it and they are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I am sorry for any trouble. I appreciate your patience and understanding. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Replying to note that this is a consistent problem. The same walk (again, with GPS) that shows as 3.08 miles in the iOS app is shown as 3.12 miles on the dashboard. Given the coarseness of the distance measurement (hundredths of a mile) greater consistency would be appreciated.

"A man with 1 clock knows what time it is, but a man with 2 clocks is never sure."

Best Answer