Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app crash 3.6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/17/2019: We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue. 

Hi Everyone - I've merged several posts together. 

We're aware of an issue that may cause some iOS users to experience a continuous crash when trying to open the app after updating to version 3.6.

To resolve this, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store. Even if you have tried this previously, please try again. 

If this does not work, our team is working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone- 

We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue.

Thanks very much for your patience and reports as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
532 REPLIES 532

Had a Fitbit update on iPhone 7 today and suddenly app will not open have tried uninstalling and re installing! Turning off and on Bluetooth! Re starting  phone and Fitbit versa nothing is working 

Best Answer

Hi @Shazzybegood  which operating system do you have? The latest update requires at least OS 11

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone else started a topic already on this issue and we still don’t have a resolution. Hopefully someone will get an answer or Fitbit releases another update to fix this.

Best Answer
iOS 12.4.1

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have an iPhone 7 just updated to the latest version of the Fitbit app and now won’t use it. Working perfectly fine until this as I use it daily.

any ideas? 

Best Answer

Hello @Odyssey13

I’ve noticed this being a larger scale problem that has started in several different recent threads under iOS Fitbit community. I just want to let you know (because of your standing as a council here on Fitbit)  That I received the 3.6 update about 18 hours ago (mine is iOS iPad 12.4.1) I have mine set on auto update and I stay logged in the Fitbit app as a habit so I have not had issue with the update as of yet. From my understanding reading through the threads is that the app crashes after you log out and log back into the app or if your new and you are installing it for the first time. I personally have not tried logging out in fear my app will crash. Because of your special standing in the community as a Council I just wanted to pass on my information if you have contact with moderators or directly with Fitbit so they will know that logging out is a problem (but surely not the only thing but a trigger).....I guess any info that can be shared might help in anyway so that’s why I’m sharing.

Thank you for all the work you do here helping others @Odyssey13 

Best Answer

My Fitbit app on my iPhone 8 all of the sudden stopped working. It crashes immediately. I have uninstalled, restarted the phone, downloaded the app again and it immediately crashes. Frustrating 

Best Answer

Latest update of fit bit won’t open. Have deleted app and reinstalled with no luck. No error message. Just won’t open. Please advise. 

Best Answer

I don’t think your comment is helpful to those who can’t use the 3.6 update! I didn’t log out, I refreshed and the app closes but appears in the background blank! 

Best Answer

this is in response to Megabite

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too

Best Answer

I’m having the same issues on the iPhone XR. Uninstalled, reinstalled and all up to date. But keeps crashing immediately 

Best Answer

I updated my Fitbit App today on my iPhone 8 and now the app won’t even open. Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer

Exact same issue. Updated iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 12.4.1 today. Fitbit App crashes immediately.

I have:

Restarted iPhone

Updated Fitbit App

Deleted and reinstalled App

Same issue ... now it crashes whilst saying, ‘Upgrading Database ...’

Help! I have no Fitbit ... I can’t take another step until it works again ... I mean what’s the point!?

Best Answer
Same problem, have tried restarting, deleting app and reinstalling but it still crashes. Using iOS 12.4.1
Best Answer

I haven’t logged out and mine won’t open after today’s update!

Best Answer

Another untested update!! Testing on Live rocks!!

Best Answer

I just started having problems within the last hour. Last update for steps on my app was 1:05 and it's 2:18 now.

Best Answer

Same with me.

Best Answer