Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app crash 3.6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/17/2019: We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue. 

Hi Everyone - I've merged several posts together. 

We're aware of an issue that may cause some iOS users to experience a continuous crash when trying to open the app after updating to version 3.6.

To resolve this, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the app store. Even if you have tried this previously, please try again. 

If this does not work, our team is working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
532 REPLIES 532
No clue! I’m in the same boat as you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have an idea on when it will be fixed ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone- 

We have released iOS app version 3.6.1 to all users. Please update your app to this version. It is recommended to all experiencing continuous crashes and should resolve this issue.

Thanks very much for your patience and reports as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Will this go back to the old app version because the new version sucks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Data is on the Fitbit servers. As soon as you sign into the reinstalled app it will be restored.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

When you say “crashes”, what does this mean. I have an iPhone 7 Plus & the app on my phone won’t open, just stays white & then goes back to my phone. When I try to open it from the App Store I have the same thing. I live in ohio & this has been happening like this since 8 am, when it worked fine last night at 6 pm

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't think so as it didn't try to update again when I reinstalled
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's exactly what mine did.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

no crashing, but can't "find" my Fitbit. Thankfully, the Droid app isn't dead

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes thank you. It seems to be fixed whatever it was. I finally into the app without it crashing, kicking me out totally. I appreciate you letting m know that you also were able to gain access.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If I delete app it says it will

also delete all my data?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok. I just went into my App Store & it said update which I did & it works now

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

3.6.1 update seems to have fixed the crashing. However, I haven’t closed the app yet as I had also been experiencing “device not found”. So it’s been open and syncing all day...currently 1:20 east coast time 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine still doesn't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed the instructions and have also tried reinstalling again but my issue described in the post “cannot categorise activity exercise list has disappeared” persists. This problem started after updating on 10 September. Can you please respond with advice because your update of the app has not solved it 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried everything but it is still crashing. I did not delete app tho because I dont want to lose my data.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.. I did the update last night 9/16 and started having issues this
morning.. still not working. I turned blue tooth off and my phone off..
it’s getting to be super annoying..

Hope it’s fixed soon
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Krnbake that sounds like it could be crashing, it shouldn't occur once you are on version 3.6.1. 

@MariaFon It's possible you would lose any data if you haven't synced. But now I would recommend updating the app to 3.6.1 and don't delete the app. You can update the app through the app store here.

You will continue to have an app crash until you update to 3.6.1. 

If you are experiencing other issues, I do recommend finding a relevant conversation or starting a new thread, this thread is only for users experiencing an app crash due to version 3.6 released yesterday that should be resolved now by updating to 3.6.1. 

Best Answer
Of what I have heard that doesn’t work either
Best Answer
0 Votes
I already updated the app but still crashed.
Best Answer
0 Votes