Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS v. 2.20 stops Music and Podcasts (Resolved on 3/21/16)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 3/21

Fitbit iOS App version 2.20.1 was released early this morning and should resolve this issue. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store if you haven't updated already!

Fitbit Update 3/14

Our team recently became aware of an issue where music and podcasts won't initially play after updating to version 2.20 of the Fitbit iOS App. If you experience this issue, please try the following:

1. Force quit the app by: rapidly double tapping the iOS home button > swipe left until you see a preview of the Fitbit App > and swipe up to force close.

2. Restart the App.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19
The new version of the Fitbit app stops music and podcasts playing on iPhones when you open it. Very annoying given the correlation between music and fitness.
Best Answer
I just found this out and find it very annoying as well. I don't understand why this would be implemented, either. I understand why opening Apps that use the microphone and/or headphones would result in music and podcasts being paused, but why FitBit?
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. It also stops playing audio books playing through iBooks. Very, very irritating.

More specifics for any FitBit moderator: I have an iphone 5S with IOS 9.2.1, and a Charge HR with 122 firmware.

When I'm listening to music, podcasts, or iBooks, and I open the FitBit app, the audio stops playing. This happens regardless of if I'm listening via speaker on the phone, or using bluetooth headphones or speakers. This only started happening yesterday after the app updated.

Also, though I'm not sure if it was doing this before as I didn't notice until after the app updated and I've only had my ChargeHR for about a week and a half. The bluetooth connection to my ChargeHR is always showing connected. I have 'all day sync' turned off. I had a Flex previously, and it only showed connected briefly when it was actually syncing.

Best Answer
I have the same problem. This has never been an issue before, only since I updated the app yesterday.
Best Answer
Frustrating and unfortunate that podcasts stop playing when Fitbit app is up. Maybe this change is tied to a new product.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just updated to the newest version and now every time I open the app it quits my music (using iTunes music). If I pull the menu up and start my music again it immediately stops... pretty frustrating. Anyone having the same problem?
Best Answer
0 Votes
This only a problem since latest update. Is anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I saw on Twitter they recommended force quitting they app to someone. it worked for them so I tried it and it worked for me. may be worth a shot
Best Answer

@scullirun@SunsetRunner@ARCinOH@Emo38@Tayhota@KeatynDelani@kmpuff I recommend doing as @sduford23 said above, force quiting the app and then restarting it should help. Hope that works for you all. Keep me posted.

Moderator Edit: Edited the suggested workaround.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Yes a force quit worked for me. Thanks.
Best Answer
Restarting my phone seems to have worked. Thanks!
Best Answer
Thanks everyone, restarting the phone seems to have done the trick.
Best Answer
Another rather Annoying bug I just discovered:

When I open the app Deezer stops playing.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also just started having this problem while running. I tun using the GPS and have Pandora running in the background but ever since the last update as soon as I open the FitBit app, Pandora is paused. Is this a setting?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Maexchen @Dwayne_K I've merged your posts into this thread where users are experiencing the same problem.

The troubleshoots mentioned in my lead-in post for this thread should get you back on track. Keep me posted if either of you need any additional assistance!

Best Answer

I did step 1 and 2 multiple time and that still did not fix the problem.  What else can be done to rectify this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tlong I'd recommend updating to version 2.20.1 of the iOS App that was released this morning. This should help resolve the problem for you, but please keep me posted either way.

Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

Best Answer
Can anyone explain what this new update was designed to fix - it just says "bug fixes". Does this update address the Bluetooth connectivity issues? Does it stop the app from turning on/off the "all day sync" button randomly? Does it address the problem with interference when two devices are connected? I have an alta and a charge hr, and even though the hr is at home (not used at all today) and Im wearing the alta, the app keeps "Looking" for the hr and making it the primary device shown in the app and disconnecting my alta from the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have app version 2.21.1 (488) installed and paired with Alta on an iPhone 6s.  Everytime I launch the app, my music playing in the iphone music app is paused.  This thread reports the issue was solved in an earlier release, but I still seem to have the issue.  Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes