Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 Plus not compatible with my Fitbit charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can some please tell me “if” and “when” Fitbit will be compatible with iPhone 8 Plus?! I upgraded my phone from an iPhone 7 yesterday. Spent so much time trying to figure it out. So disappointed when I found out they’re not compatible with iPhone 8!! 😞. I log EVERYTHING daily on my Fitbit app. It has helped me accomplish where I am today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

They both now work!!!!! thank you Fibit!!!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Congratulations on your success, @Nellie-2018! Good job persevering when technology doesn't seem to cooperate. Fitbit does not discuss release dates until a new feature or update is ready for release, so we don't know exactly when the iPhone 8 will be compatible. But given the popularity of that phone, I can say with confidence that Fitbit is working to get their devices computable with the new iPhones. It just makes good business sense. 

Best Answer
Thank you so much!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Lynnette
Best Answer

I have both the iPhone 8 Plus and the Fitbit Charge 2 and they are completely compatible/functional with each other. What difficulty are you having?

Best Answer

They both now work!!!!! thank you Fibit!!!

Best Answer

My fitbit isnt showing notifications. It was from monday to last night but now today its not alerting me of texts or calls. Can anyone help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get your Fitbit to receive notifications from your iPhone 8 Plus? I have tried everything, including deleting my device and Re-adding it, and also have contacted Fitbit several times. Still nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bichonmom, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know you have already tried some troubleshooting steps. At this moment I would like to suggest you to restart your Charge 2. If this doesn't work, make sure the tracker is able to receive Notifications by pressing down the button on the side for 2 seconds. A notification and a message will let you know if Notifications have been turned on or off. 

Now, if your Charge 2 is still not able to receive Notifications, please restart them from the Fitbit app by following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and Settings > Notifications > Messages and check that the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes