Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 and Charge 2 not syncing nor getting notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently I started having problems with my Charge 2 not connecting to my phone when using the track exercise feature and when receiving notifications. I just got off live chat with FitBit support and they're saying it's an iPhone 8 issue. However, I've had the iPhone 8 for a month now and just started experiencing problems a week ago. Also, my husband has the same phone and tracker and his is working fine. Anyone else having problems with iPhone 8??

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@smileycollins13 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Did you recently updated the iPhone's OS? Do you have the Fitbit app up to date? What have you tried to fix this issue? Usually you can try restarting the iPhone's bluetooth from the settings area (not from the drop down menu) and then restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Finally I do want to clarify that the new iPhones aren't fully supported yet but the team is working on ironing any issues to make them officially supported.

Go to the bluetooth settings and remove your Charge 2 from the list then go to the Fitbit app to retry the syncing process and refresh the link.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes