Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone App Displaying Steps on Dashboard but not in Challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I normally use MobileTrack to sync my steps when my flex is charging as I am in college and have to go to classes. I synced my flex today and it updated my steps on the dashboard, but it took these steps away from all current challenges. I tried disconnecting my flex, turning off my phone, and deleting the app (which I redownloaded but now cannot login to). Does anyone have any idea why these steps aren't appearing in my challenges? I just don't get why they are appearing on my dashboard but not there. Note: I never add activities manually, have only used MobileTrack and my Flex to track my steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Mine is updating on the dashboard, but not in my challenges

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MeaganMSU and @Anitaross, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

@MeaganMSU, if you're not able to log in to the Fitbit app but you're able to log in to your online Dashboard, please go to your phone Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure Set Automatically is enabled, then try to log in to the Fitbit app once again. 

@MeaganMSU and @Anitaross, in regards of the issue related to the steps showing on your Dashboard but not counting on the Challenges, there are some possible reasons for this:

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

I would also like to recommend waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates, sometimes the data might take a bit longer to update, and in this case please force-close the app by double-tapping the home button and swiping up the app. If this doesn't seem to work, log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes