Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone GPS won't tun off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used the GPS run function from the charge 2 yesterday for the first time. Now the GPS symbol on my phone won't turn off and it's draining my battery. When I look at the permissions, I have fitbit set to always have access ( I believe this is necessary for a GPS run that is started from the charge )

The only way I can get the GPS symbol on my phone to turn off is to change the iphone setting for the fitbit app to "While using the app"

Has anyone else encountered this??

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes it was Fitbit with purple arrow for sure.

I used your suggestion of resetting the Location Services of the phone back to factory default and it worked!!

Thank you so much!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@rsaunders19, I moved this to the iOS App Help Forum, where it will get more responses & help.

Best Answer

bump!

Hoping i can get some help with this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to settings>privacy>location services and turn it off 

If only for the Fitbit app do

settings>privacy>location services then Fitbit and turn it off

Liam Cummings; Awesomewalks Fitbit expert; owner of Fitbit Alta;charge (returned to Fitbit)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I should be able to have it set to "On" in the location services but the GPS symbol should still go away when not in use.

My fiancee just got a charge 2 and it functions properly. 

Best Answer

@rsaunders19 wrote:

I should be able to have it set to "On" in the location services but the GPS symbol should still go away when not in use.

My fiancee just got a charge 2 and it functions properly. 

Have you tried to remove your tracker and reinstall the fitbit app?

One other thing you can do is to reset the location and privacy settings on your phone and see if that helps you out

Charge HR (retired) - Blaze - iPhone XR
Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted and reinstalled the app yesterday. I didn't remove the tracker though. I'll try that now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just removed the tracker from the app, deleted the app, rebooted the phone, installed the app, paired the tracker, and same **ahem** thing....GPS symbol won't go away

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is quite odd... so when the app was gone you also unpaired the tracker from the phone?

One other thing you could try, is to check inside the Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services; and verify which icon has a purple GPS arrow next to it. Sounds like it should be Fitbit based on what you said. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used your suggestion of resetting the Location Services of the phone back to factory default and it worked!!

Thank you so much!

Best Answer

@rsaunders19 wrote:

Thank you so much!

Perfect! I am glad to hear that the location services reset helped. Hopefully it doesn't get bugged out again. One thing to make sure of is to go into the location services and go to the bottom and see system services and you can remove some items to save on battery and data usage 🙂 Happy stepping to you

Best Answer
0 Votes