Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR not syncing with my Fitbit.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new iPhone will not completely sync or send me messages for calls and texts? I tried reinstalling several times? I could use some help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

I have the same problem and have tried everything you mentioned with no success. It syncs in seconds on my work phone. My Bluetooth in the XR works fine. App and system up to date! But when I try to sync it spins for a long time! The Fitbit is not recognized by the phone Bluetooth no matter what I do! 

Best Answer

Hello @NANDIF, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let us know about this situation. Please note that your Fitbit device will not sync or pair through the Bluetooth Settings in your phone. If you tap on it while on the phone Bluetooth Settings, it will only spin and will give you an error message. The device only syncs and pairs through the Fitbit app. 

Would it be possible for you to let us know if you're trying to sync on a second phone? If so, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your first phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, turn off Bluetooth on this phone and go to the second one, open the Fitbit app and force a sync by pulling down the screen. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @NANDIF, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let us know about this situation. Please note that your Fitbit device will not sync or pair through the Bluetooth Settings in your phone. If you tap on it while on the phone Bluetooth Settings, it will only spin and will give you an error message. The device only syncs and pairs through the Fitbit app. 

Would it be possible for you to let us know if you're trying to sync on a second phone? If so, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your first phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, turn off Bluetooth on this phone and go to the second one, open the Fitbit app and force a sync by pulling down the screen. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer

s what worked for me in the end. Going to the old phone and removing the AltaHR and then the new XR recognised it.

Thanks guys

Best Answer

Hello @BobTheCrouton, thanks for joining the conversation! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the Fitbit Community and let us know that removing your Alta HR from your old phone was helpful for you. I'm very glad! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have tried all the suggestions but I still still not getting notifications on my Fitbit Surge from my iPhone XR. 

I have removed the device, reinstalled app, updated software and app, restarted my phone, paired the device after removing it, etc etc. 

SOS! 

Best Answer

Hello @Megp22, thanks for joining the conversation, welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for joining us and report this situation. I would like to thank you for listing the troubleshooting steps you've tried in hopes to solve this issue affecting Notifications on your Surge. 

Please note that Notifications skip or stop occasionally for several reasons that don't suggest a problem with your device or the Fitbit app, which is why I would like to ask you to check the following:

• Your phone was too far away. It must be within 30 feet of your Fitbit device to transmit the notification.
    For texts, you have the conversation open on your phone. Your Fitbit device shows new texts you haven't already read.
  • You changed a related setting on your phone, such as turning on Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode. To double check all requirements, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • You're using another Bluetooth product. If you have Bluetooth products like speakers, headsets, or car stereos paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. For example, turning on your speaker might stop your phone from sending a notification or syncing. For more information, see Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?
  • The connection between your phone and Fitbit device is unstable. Bluetooth signals are susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally.
  • The app that should send the notification can't do so. Check all the phone and Fitbit app requirements in How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • Your device was syncing. Syncing can sometimes prevent or delay a notification. 
  • You just updated the Fitbit app. Restart your phone and try setting up notifications again.
  • Device lock is active on your Fitbit watch and you haven't recently entered your PIN. Tap your watch screen to see if the device lock prompt appears. If it does, enter your PIN.

If you've reviewed the list above and can't get notifications to work, please try the following:

1. Force-quit the Fitbit app, then open it again and sync your tracker.
  2. Restart the Bluetooth on your phone once again.
  3. Reset your Versa once again.
  4. Refresh Notifications:
    • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon 
    • Tap Notifications.
    • Turn off all notifications
    • Restart your phone.
    • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.
  5. Set up Notifications again:
    • Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device. 
      1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
      2. Find an option to forget the device.
    • Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

I hope this can be helpful, please give these steps a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
Hi!
You said Versa but I have a Surge.
Nothing worked 😕

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Megp22 I appreciate you have come back to us. Smiley Happy

Thanks for taking the time to reply after having tried the troubleshooting steps above. I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication. I've reached our Support Team and it seems you have already created a case regarding this situation and have recently replied to our team. At this moment, they will be in charge of this situation for you, so please wait for their response. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, please keep us updated. 

Best Answer

alta hr and I'm sick of trying to sync it.  It's now working on my xr
very annoying considering how much I paid for this thing

Best Answer

Hello @loxiloray thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and let us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps provided earlier, I'm glad your Alta HR is now working fine. If there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply, we'll be happy to help. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what worked for me, at least at the time of posting this it is working....

Go into Account and remove Versa

Add device

**This did not find my device so I did what was recommended by the app**

Had to restart my watch by holding left button and bottom right button

Added device again

Found the device, I entered the 4 digit key

Staying on "connecting" indefinitely

Closed App while it was in the "connecting" state

Opened App and it was in the process of syncing

**at this point I looked at my bluetooth settings and did not see the watch listed - Went back into App

When the watch as done with the sync  process, I was prompted to pair device. 

I opted to pair and it has been fine since.  Has not been that long, but at least it is functional for now

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone XS will sinc with Fitbit ionic but NOT pair, so no notifications are being received. Have tried everything but no success. Have gone back to my iPhone 6SE which works perfectly using the same operating system. Any help appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TheMikeB and @Flyfisher79 thanks for joining the conversation, welcome to the Fitbit Community.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. @TheMikeB I appreciate you have listed the troubleshooting steps you've followed in order to resolve this issue on your side, I'm sure they will be helpful to other members of the Community.

@Flyfisher79 thanks for bringing this to our attention. Note that if your Ionic is receiving notifications from your iPhone 6S but not from the XS is because your Ionic is still linked via Bluetooth to your old phone. At this moment, I would like to ask you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone 6S and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 

After that, turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone 6S, go to the Fitbit app on your iPhone XS and tap on Account > Ionic  > Notifications and enable them. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Give these steps a try and let us know the outcome, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for help, all good now.
Ionic great bit of kit.
Once again thanks.
Cheers 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I've read through all of these tips.  I have removed the device and re-added, I've deleted the app and started over and I keep re-pairing my versa to the iphone XR, but I still lose the connection and miss important notifications.  I had a Blaze up until March and never a problem.  I am so frustrated.  Why won't the device stay connected and why does it not send calls and texts?  I get other notifications.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CSVersa thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Flyfisher79, thanks for taking the time to reply, I sincerely apologize for the delay in the response.

@Flyfisher79 I appreciate you have come back and let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@CSVersa thanks for joining us and letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far when it comes to Notifications on your Versa. Please note that Notifications skip or stop occasionally for several reasons that don't suggest a problem with your device or the Fitbit app, which is why I would like to ask you to check the following:

• Your phone was too far away. It must be within 30 feet of your Fitbit device to transmit the notification.
    For texts, you have the conversation open on your phone. Your Fitbit device shows new texts you haven't already read.
    You changed a related setting on your phone, such as turning on Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode. To double check all requirements, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • You're using another Bluetooth product. If you have Bluetooth products like speakers, headsets, or car stereos paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. For example, turning on your speaker might stop your phone from sending a notification or syncing. For more information, see Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?
  • The connection between your phone and Fitbit device is unstable. Bluetooth signals are susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally.
  • The app that should send the notification can't do so. Check all the phone and Fitbit app requirements in How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • Your device was syncing. Syncing can sometimes prevent or delay a notification. 
  • You just updated the Fitbit app. Restart your phone and try setting up notifications again.
  • Device lock is active on your Fitbit watch and you haven't recently entered your PIN. Tap your watch screen to see if the device lock prompt appears. If it does, enter your PIN.

If you've reviewed the list above and can't get notifications to work, please try the following:

1. Force-quit the Fitbit app, then open it again and sync your tracker.
  2. Restart the Bluetooth on your phone once again.
  3. Reset your Versa once again.
  4. Refresh Notifications:
    • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon 
    • Tap Notifications.
    • Turn off all notifications
    • Restart your phone.
    • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.
  5. Set up Notifications again:
    • Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device. 
      1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
      2. Find an option to forget the device.
    • Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

Give these steps a try and let us know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marco,

I purchased an iPhone XR yesterday, and was unable to pair my Fitbit Charge 2 on Bluetooth. I contacted Apple and I had a chat with a woman from Fitbit customer service. After over an hour with Apple and Fitbit, I still had no luck. I just read your recommendation to Lori-13 to "add a new device" and replace your old device using the Fitbit app. It worked perfectly. Thank you so much. The reason I am commenting here is to ask you to offer this solution to the customer service people. There may be other customer service reps who knew this "fix", but the woman I spoke to clearly did not. It is my hope that you letting them know this will help other frustrated users.

Best Answer

Hello @Jezziebones thanks for joining the conversation, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. 

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response and for the service you received from our Support Tam. I appreciate you have joined us to let me know the instructions provided earlier were helpful to you, I'm very glad!

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed this board and did the steps as mentioned. I removed my Fitbit from the Bluetooth and my iPhone 7 got it connected to the iPhone XR. It syncs but I am not receiving notifications to my Fitbit Alta HR. What else can I do? I have reset the phone, removed app and still nothing 

Best Answer
0 Votes