Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone app not showing steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My iPhone app & Alta HR are all up to date. I just got back from a 40 min walk, and my hourly steps aren't showing properly on the graph. Also it's not showing some hourly steps from 2pm. & active minutes for 2pm aren't showing. IMG_3969.PNG

IMG_3970.PNG

IMG_3971.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @dtalksall, it's nice to see you around, I hope you're having a great day. 

This seems like a very odd situation, but it's possible the app hasn't updated the information correctly with our servers. Please check in the activities section of the online Dashboard if your activities are showing there after syncing your tracker. If they appear in that section, please try the following on your phone:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all that. It's also not showing correctly on the online dashboard. It makes no sense. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Talked to support. They kept trying to blame me somehow. Or count steps with my tracker. I hummored them. Once they figured out its an issue with their servers & not me or my tracker they couldn't wait to get me off the phone. 

It's been a year since there have been reported issues with hourly activities not updating properly. Who knows how long this will take to fix. & I'm missing a conciderable amount of steps in a weekly challenge. There are a lot of bugs that need fixing. Basically the app/dashboard is junk & there's no point in having a Fitbit if nothing will work properly 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it even possible to walk just 667 steps in 40 minutes? I can walk that in 40 seconds if I wanted to! Usually a 40 min walk gets me around 4,000-5,000 steps. 

& this was done through auto tracking on the device. I didn't hit any buttons, just walked the dog 

IMG_0377.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope this didn't work for me so I'm sure it won't work for anyone. 

Best Answer

Yeah @dp1962 its an issue with Fitbit's servers. No amount of us trouble shooting will fix it. They need to fix it on their end 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh good to know dtalksall.  Any idea when that will happen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ha! Concidering people have been complaining that the hourly activity on the app doesn't match their tracker for over a year & there's still no fix.... I wouldn't hold your breath. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dtalksall Mine just stopped syncing steps, stairs last night.  It's been working great until then 😳

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I contacted them today, they indicated that it was my tracker that was defective and there is nothing wrong with their app.  I was pretty insistent but they gave me a discount to get another tracker so I'm not sure now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. Yeah I showed them screen shots & they snooped in my account. They made me walk 100 steps. Tracker showed it, daily totals reflected it, but the graph was empty. Obviously it's not the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I argued with online chat person and they insisted that when they looked at my profile that it was my tracker that was defective.  I've had mine since May 2014 and I'm wondering if they are just saying that so I go buy a new one.  When I look at my actual tracker it does register steps, stairs, and the time but steps, floors, and sleep won't sync on the app.  I am not sure what to do at this point.  I guess I could go get a new fitbit and see but if it's the app how will I get them to recognize that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG I went out and bought a new fitbit One and it turns out that mine was defective as now the app is working and everything is there.  Unbelievable!

Best Answer
0 Votes