Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone, not iOS 13: Why is my app CONTINUOUSLY asking me to turn locations services to "always"?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This just started yesterday (though I haven't been in the app in almost a month): When I have the Fitbit app open to sync my step and sleep data, a pop up ask / tells me to turn location services to "always" and no matter how many times I click on "no thanks", the message / question comes back every 60 seconds or so.  I have always had the location services setting at "when using app" and the world was a happy place. Now every 60 seconds the app tells me to change to "always". I say "no thanks". 60 seconds later, it asks again. I say "no thanks". 60 seconds later.... you get the picture.  Beyond annoying and makes the app unusable. 

Why does the app need to have access to my location at all times? I don't need the app to track my llocation when I am walking or any other time.  I have notifications from this app turned off, so why does it keep asking me and how do I stop the insanity?

Iphone 7, have not updated to iOS 13 (and don't intend to)

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mscool 

I understand your getting continuous location services prompts. You can certainly turn location services off if you like. (I personally have mine turned off as well because I don’t use the GPS mapping for runs and things of that nature) You can change it back on later if you decide to use it for GPS mapping etc. Here’s how you turn off your location services prompt:

Device Settings>privacy >location services >Fitbit >never (or select your preference)

😃 Please let me know if this provides you with the best answer to address your issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Mscool 

I just wanted to check back in with you to see if my suggestions resolved your location services issue or your still having issues. Please let me know 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortuantely, no, your suggestion did not help. As I stated in my original email, I have always had it set at "when using app". Changing it to "never" resulted in the continuously asking me to change it to "always", which is a waste of resources and battery life. 

Inexplicably, with no changes, it just stopped asking yesterday. No idea why. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Mscool 

Im sorry my suggestion did not offer you a solution. Notification issues are currently a known issue. You must have had a recent Fitbit update and it appears that the update must had resolved the issue for you. That’s great news. (If you have your device set for auto updates you could have gotten the update and you might be unaware and it did indeed update as to why it mysteriously resolved) Happy Stepping 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same exact issue.  I have a Charge-4.  My iPhone is CONSTANTLY giving me notifications asking me to turn location servies on "always." So I do that so I don't have to deal with it, and then the notifications start constantly asking me if I want to turn it on "when using app" instead. It just goes back & forth and the notifications are incessant and often out of the blue when I'm not even opening or closing THAT app!  How do I stop these notification questions? I've set it where I want it, why is is asking me if I want to change my setting constantly, no matter which setting I put it on OTHER THAN never?

Best Answer

Same and it makes me freaking crazy!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes