Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone not syncing via bluetooth to Inspire HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since I updated my iPhone software to IOS 13.1.2 yesterday my iPhone cant find my Inspire HR via bluetooth. My husbands iPhone can still find my fitbit through Bluetooth but he hasnt updated to 13.1.2 yet.

We've done everything as follows;

Forget the device

Turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds

Power cycle the iPhone

Power cycle the fit bit

Delete Fitbit App

Start whole set up again.

iPhone still cant find Inspire HR, can anyone help or is this an Apple issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @NRM1975 

I see your having syncing issues and it appears you have also tried many troubleshooting steps as well.

I’ve seen syncing issues happen with people after updating to the new iOS update. I  read in articles how picky the new update is about pairing with apps and needing permissions. I’ve found that if you had the Fitbit App already installed in your device when the update hit its sort of a hit or miss with the syncing with Bluetooth after the update. It seems happier if the app occurs after the update. Like a clean install if that makes sense. I’ve suggested this to others and it helped them. Maybe it can help you. Although you have already tried a reinstall let’s doing following these steps:

Here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth (I got two of them because the new iOS 13 has different Bluetooth security permissions) When prompted by your Bluetooth tap “always” 

Doing this will give you the cleanest install and should repair your syncing time issues. I’m hoping this helps.... Please come back and let me know if this resolves your issue and answers your questions 😃

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hello @NRM1975 

I see your having syncing issues and it appears you have also tried many troubleshooting steps as well.

I’ve seen syncing issues happen with people after updating to the new iOS update. I  read in articles how picky the new update is about pairing with apps and needing permissions. I’ve found that if you had the Fitbit App already installed in your device when the update hit its sort of a hit or miss with the syncing with Bluetooth after the update. It seems happier if the app occurs after the update. Like a clean install if that makes sense. I’ve suggested this to others and it helped them. Maybe it can help you. Although you have already tried a reinstall let’s doing following these steps:

Here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth (I got two of them because the new iOS 13 has different Bluetooth security permissions) When prompted by your Bluetooth tap “always” 

Doing this will give you the cleanest install and should repair your syncing time issues. I’m hoping this helps.... Please come back and let me know if this resolves your issue and answers your questions 😃

Best Answer

Thank you MegaBite

really appreciate the advice, I’ve just followed your steps again but it’s still not finding the Fitbit over Bluetooth.

i wonder will apple release another version to fix these bugs?

thanks

neasa

Best Answer
0 Votes

I certainly hope so @NRM1975 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hold on @NRM1975 !!

I just reread your original post again and noticed that you said your husband’s iPhone can find “your” Inspire HR. That just might be the problem! There will be a conflict with the Bluetooth. Try to do all this after you remove your inspire HR connection from your husband’s iPhone. I have seen this problem before and once removed it pairs. That might be your case as well. 😃 please let me know.

Best Answer

If I uninstall app and reinstall will I lose all my data including current challenges I am in? 🥺

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dianadoesbooks 

No you will not lose your data doing this. But please let me know why your wanting to do this first. Are you too experiencing a syncing issue? I would be able to help you more if I knew what your issue is. 
😉I’m available just let me know

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner
thanks for replying, I’ve got a Surge and since the update last night my Bluetooth and Fitbit aren’t syncing. I’m still getting notifications from the app though. I’ve turned Bluetooth off and on and other devices are syncing to it. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Dianadoesbooks 

Yes, reinstalling the Fitbit App may indeed help you. But please....when you download the Fitbit App remember to login as you usually do with password and email. (Don’t hit “join” like your trying to make a new account) Also don’t have other devices Bluetooth to it at the same time as it can cause conflicts. 😉

Please come back and tell me how it went when your finished 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again@NRM1975

Did removing your device from your husband’s iPhone work? 
😃 please keep me updated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Dianadoesbooks 

I just wanted to see if my suggestions got you up and running again. 😉 please keep me posted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for the prompt, uninstalling scared me so I tried turning off and on and checking all settings in Fitbit and voila! It’s working!

Best Answer

I’m so excited for you @Dianadoesbooks and I’m extremely excited your back up and running!!😃

I understand uninstalling/reinstalling is scary. LoL I totally get it. I would flip out if I lost my data so I would never suggest anything I know would put someone’s data at risk. 😉 I knew you were safe. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner , I followed your steps exactly (even though I had tried various combinations of same steps and knocking on wood, I think we have success!

I have an Inspire HR and Alta and could not get either to connect.  I was syncing with an Android tablet and then, updating the iOS Fitbit app through wifi, not an ideal solution since I have my iPhone with me more than my tablet.

Before starting your steps, it occurred to me that maybe the bluetooth on the tablet might be interfering and I.turned it off (which I hadn't done in my previous tries).   After the reboot and reinstall and sign in, the app synced and said connected.  When I double-checked the bluetooth connection, neither FitBit were listed.  Back to the FB app where I tapped on the settings for the Inspire HR and hit Notifications which triggered the various Bluetooth warnings and I agreed to all and yes! the Inspire HR finally paired.  Did the same with the Alta and voilà!  Turned the bluetooth back on the Android tablet and both devices are recognizing my Fitbits and everything is copacetic again.

Thank you, @SunsetRunner . And very important that if you have any device nearby, whether iOS or other, turn off the bluetooth until you get paired on your iPhone/iPad.  (Happy hiker again!)

Best Answer

Hello @MsStretch Happy Hiker Indeed!! I’m super happy I was able to help and you got both your Trackers up and running! Rock it out Rockstar 😃

Best Answer

Hello again @NRM1975 

Im hoping I as able to resolve your syncing issue. If I indeed help solve your syncing issue could you please tap “best answer” under my post with the instructions/suggestions that resolved the issue? It really helps other individuals who come to this Fitbit Community looking for answers and solutions similar to yours. I’d really appreciate it. Thanks 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 

I have been dealing with a problem, would u plz help

Best Answer
0 Votes