Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone fitbit app - run not registering

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

when starting a run on my fitbit app on my phone, after it ends it keeps registering as a walk instead of a run,  and the only way to change it is to delete the exercise and manually enter as a run.  this feature worked perfectly for years and just started not working in January.  anyone else have this issue?  i tried everything from reinstalling the app, reloading my device.  nothing works and it's so frustrating.  the new app is lousy and looks like a child colored it

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Discontras and welcome to the Community.  Many other users posted about this.  I reproduced it, too, with a few trials around the block.  Hike also gets changed to walk.

Fitbit put that feature in a very prominent place on the app.  As a long time user, I can tell you that this is a very old feature, one that I needed on my One and Charge HR.  I know some runners like this feature, because you can get voice cues.  But all current Fitbits have an Exercise app.  You don't say what model you use.  I hope you have a model with an Exercise app.  Deep inside, I don't think Fitbit will fix this.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes