Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

private is not private?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not interested in any social parts of the fit bit, I keep that private and not interested in anything but my workouts. I have the app set to private but I still have gotten friends request from people I know but I have never told or even mentioned I use a fitbit. Am I missing something here or is private not really private?

My privacy setting is on "private". This is on an iPhone, latest updates, latest iOS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@wonderings - the setting you are referring to in the iPhone app makes your fitbit friends list private.  Your other options with respect to that list is to make it viewable to your fitbit friends, or viewable to the pubic.

You can make other aspects of your fitbit profile private by going to the fitbit app dashboard, tap the account icon at the top right, tap Personal Stats, click each item to review the settings.  You cannot make your account completely invisible. 

Users can find people they may know on fitbit by giving fitbit access to their phone or Facebook contact lists and then letting fitbit search its database for matches.  If it finds a match to the emails they upload (your email from when you signed up), it will let that user know and they can send you a friend request.  (Fitbit does not store the uploaded contact lists, but simply checks for matches so the user can find people they may know).  You can delete or ignore any request.  They will not get any notification that you've "rejected" them.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have to say I am surprised and disappointed there is no option at privacy.

Best Answer
0 Votes