Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Get In Your Zone" and Active Zone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received a notification about a personal challenge called "Get In Your Zone," but I can't tell if my devices qualify... I have a Versa (1st gen) and a Charge 3... the versa seems as though it qualifies, but as it is not listed, I can't be sure... Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That solo challenge is to track Active Zone Minutes.  I don't think the Charge 3 has switched to them (from Active Minutes) and it is not listed. 

I see, as you note, the original Versa is not listed, though I thought it had gone to Active Zone Minutes.  You can look if your Versa shows Active Zone Minutes or Active Minutes.  If AZM, it might work even though not listed.

In any case, you've got nothing to lose by trying to join and see what happens.  It's a solo challenge so even if you join but can't get any minutes, nobody else will see that.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

That solo challenge is to track Active Zone Minutes.  I don't think the Charge 3 has switched to them (from Active Minutes) and it is not listed. 

I see, as you note, the original Versa is not listed, though I thought it had gone to Active Zone Minutes.  You can look if your Versa shows Active Zone Minutes or Active Minutes.  If AZM, it might work even though not listed.

In any case, you've got nothing to lose by trying to join and see what happens.  It's a solo challenge so even if you join but can't get any minutes, nobody else will see that.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 3 so I guess it doesn’t qualify. Fitbit knows what my device is so why would they offer me this challenge if my device doesn’t support it? Annoying!

Best Answer

I've had a "Get in Your Zone: Update Your app and try again," message on my android app for a few days now.  I have an Alta HR and assume I don't qualify for this challenge either, so does anyone know how I get rid of this message?  Thanks.

Best Answer
CAUTION! Proceed with caution if you are wanting to use 2 devices for 1
challenge. You are the cause of your own issues if they arise.

Dashboard will give you information all or part in challenges. Challenges
that are by fitbit, you can see the details of not just urs but other
participating as well, the daily progress and positions, let's you see
where you stand so you can step it and pass them. It is so much fun,
motivating, pulls you through a slump, Accountability that it gives, are
drivers that help with things fitbit can't even track. They pop up in
notifications section. You can message anyone in your group challenge etc.
A group of us discovered this over a year ago. Any help with those
challenges. Message me please please do not reply on the community forum
they flooded my inbox ive missed very very important things in time
Best Answer
0 Votes

They want you to purchase a new device.  More money for them!

Best Answer

It’s Fitbit.... lack of competent programmers

Best Answer

Same here. Went to Play Store, uninstalled and reinstalled, same message. I have 2 other apps that have stopped working, may be coincidence or time for a new phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this message for weeks now. Still no clue as to how to get rid of it. Tapping it does nothing.

Best Answer

I’m with you disappointed that they sent the challenge when they know what Fitbit you have - annoyed 😠 

Best Answer

That's why - to have the change of offering you to buy another device. it is actually targeting you to upgrade by using this challenge stuff.

🙂

IMG_4493.jpeg

Best Answer

Upsell from your current device I’m guessing 

Best Answer

More so there is no reason it cannot track it.  They are money grabbing here. I have the Fitbit charge 3 SE and it also cannot. But I see my active minutes in each zone. Greed... such a let down. 

Best Answer

Just quit the even I think

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh. They are very smart. They just don’t care about long tine loyal customers. I’m tempted to go to garmin or Samsung next. Already force to move to MFP for calorie tracking since they added ads to the nutrition windows of Fitbit app. Kills my phone. And I have an iPhone 10xr. Not exactly lowest of the low spec phones so.

Yup. I waited all week. Pumped for a challenge and then after doing. 10 mins of peak training. Looks and it showed 0 of 150 mins  Clicked and BAM. But these fitbits.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

That's not correct. I have fitbit 4 and I see the same annoying message.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't get this Active Zone thingy. My Blaze does track zones (Fat burn, cardio, peak) yet in the challenge it says I need to upgrade.

Best Answer

I'm certainly yelling into the void, but I'm also sure I'm not alone in being upset by this ruse. A new type of exercise challenge shows up and my GF and I got excited about participating only to find out it's actually an upsell. Maybe put that in the the fricken notification. I'm glad they're working hard on features that better the bottom line experience. I would have happily considered a new Fitbit device when I was looking to upgrade but not anymore, this left a bad taste in my mouth.

Best Answer

I have a Charge 3. It doesn't track "active zone minutes", but it does track time in heart rate zones during exercises. Why does it not qualify for the "Get In Your Zone" challenge?

Fitbit.png

Best Answer

Because they are either a **ahem**ty company (we already know this from their ignoring their customers for YEARS on certain issues), or they are **ahem**ty programmers. Possibly both ... excuse the language

Best Answer
0 Votes