Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Whatsapp Notifications on Charge 3?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know if it possible to get the Charge 3 to show incoming WhatsApp messages?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hello @Barker74, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. Please note that your Charge 3 can receive Whatsapp Notifications, not as text Notifications but as app Notifications, that means that you will need to follow these steps in order to enable it. 

1. Your phone should have received a push Notification from Whatsapp.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge 3 > Notifications.
  3. Tap on App Notifications.
  4. Whatsapp should appear on the list of apps.
  5. If it's not on the list pull down the screen to refresh the list. 
  6. Go back to the Dashboard and sync your Charge 3.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I am able to receive WhatsApp notifications, but I also noticed that they chat messages appear on the fitibit whereas for other messaging apps the notification just shows that someone sent a message and the message content does not show (which is my desired setting). How do I set WhatsApp up to not show the message content on the fitbit?  I have "messages" as the primary messaging app and notifications for the apps (KakaoTalk, LINE, Viber, WhatsApp, etc) all have the same notifications settings on my handset. Is there a known reason why the content shows for WhatsApp when all other messaging apps do not show the content?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SynergyKim, thanks for joining us, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have posted your question about Whatsapp Notifications. Please note that the way you receive Notifications is directly affected by your phone and not the Fitbit device. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Whatsapp and under OPTIONS make sure Show Previews is set to "When Unlocked" or "Never". This will make your phone receive a notification from Whatsapp but will not show its content, and the same will happen on the screen of your device. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. I've had my handset for awhile and all notification content is not visible on the lock screen. All of my messaging apps do not show content when my phone is locked. My device overall settings for notifications are set to [On lock screen] = "hide sensitive content" and within the settings of WhatsApp Notifications I do not have [Use high priority notifications] checked. Prior to using the fitibit, message content would not appear as visible on my handset lock screen. I appreciate your suggestion however there was no change; I'll play around with settings and circle back to this thread if I uncover something. If you happen to have any other ideas I am more than happy to give them a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SynergyKim, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide more details about this issue. I'll make sure to forward the information you have provided to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once we have more information to share, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

In the meantime, please go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Your device > Notifications > App Notification and disable Whatsapp. After that, restart your phone, go back to the app and enable Whatsapp once again. Give it a try and let us know the outcome.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MarcoGFitbit appreciate your reply! I gave the suggested steps a shot and still no dice, but that's okay. I'll continue to play with settings when given the chance. It really is only the WhatsApp app that is doing this -shrug- I'm still very pleased with the Charge3 and the recent fw update that added a clock face with the date (YES! FINALLY!) along with what "feels" like a smoother/snappier UI smoother/snappier more than makes up for this notification hiccup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SynergyKim, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back after having tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided so far. As mentioned earlier, I will forward your information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once we have more to share about this issue, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use to get what’sapp preview messages on my Fitbit charge 3 without having to switch on ‘show message preview’ on my iphone.  But now I hv to switch it on.  I do not like preview messages showing on my iphone home screen but I like to quickly read my messages on my fit bit... anyone able to help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ayisha, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

Thanks for joining the conversation and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that the way your messages show on your Charge 3 is determined by the settings on your phone. With that said, if you have set up your Whatsapp Notifications to show a preview on lock screen, you will see the preview on the Charge 3. 

I understand your concern about this feature. At this moment, our team doesn't have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, our team will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I just switched from alta HR to Charge 3, and I also changed from android to ios. I used to receive all my WhatsApp notification without any problem, but now on the iPhone for some strange reason if I follow the steps you describe, I still don't see whatsapp on the list of apps. I checked the settings of my phone, of WhatsApp and everything should be OK, however, even when I sync my device and pull down the list of app to refresh, I only have a few apps showing and WhatsApp is not among them. What should I do? Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still not working and what’s app is still not on the list.... got my charge 3 today and I have an iPhone 8

merry Xmas 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nayla and @Nemsie, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have on you board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and let us know you've already tried the steps described in my previous post. At this moment, if you're able to receive push Notifications from Whatsapp when your phone is locked, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Force-quit the app, then open it again and check if Whatsapp is showing up on the list. If not:
  • Restart your phone, if Whatsapp is still not showing up:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone again and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I finally understood what was blocking (sorry, I feel like a fool) - in the notifications option in the iPhone settings, ALL options need to be ticked for the apps we want to see in the fitbit app (ex. Whatsapp): "Lock screen" + "Notification Centre" + "Banners". I had only ticked the first and last, but the Notification center was unticked. Now that the three options are selected, the app finally appears in Fitbit.

Same applies for e-mail notifications.

So I'm back to being happy with fitbit 🙂

... and Merry Christmas!

Kind regards

Nayla

Best Answer

Please can you help in my app notifications I don't even have WhatsApp in notifications only push notifications  &email notifications but no notifications  come up .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nayla, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. It's great to have you on board @Chellebelch, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@Nayla, I appreciate you have come back and let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@Chellebelch, would it be possible for you to let me know which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This will be very helpful for us to check this further. Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I only seem to be receiving what's app notification on my charge 3 when the fitbit app is open on my phone  - which drains my battery quite fast even though I have chosen to untick the all day sync. 

Do I really need to keep the app open to receice notification or is that an issue with my device? 

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey,

How do you get the push notification from WhatsApp? I haven't received this? 

Thanks in advance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tish1976 and @Starchocfirst, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience wtih us. @Tish1976, if you're only receiving Notifications when the Fitbit app is open, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. After that, go back to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge 3 > Notifications and enable them again. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue. That way, a Bluetooth link will be established and you will be able to receive Notifications even if the Fitbit app has been force-closed. 

@Starchocfirst, a push Notifications is a Notification you receive when your phone is locked, to receive them go to the phone Settings > Notifications > App you'd like to receive push Notifications and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNot.png

"Lock Screen" is specifically important for your phone to receive push Notifications. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Solved! Thank you! I really love this charge 3 its really helpful for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes