Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Whatsapp Notifications on Charge 3?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know if it possible to get the Charge 3 to show incoming WhatsApp messages?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hello @Starchocfirst, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I cant seem to see where it says app notifications?

I can get my normal message notifications but not whats app.

I have a one plus 6.

Could you help me please. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Awais20042, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and posted your question. In order to enable App Notifications, please open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account button on the top right (the one that looks like a card), then tap on Charge 3 and on the next screen tap on Notifications. 

In here you will be able to see "App Notifications", tap on it for a list to be displayed where you can choose which apps you would like to receive notifications from. Keep in mind that in order for the apps to show on this list, your phone needs to receive a push notifications from them while locked first. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

ive just changed from an android phone to an iPhone for my charge 3. Until the change I was getting WhatsApp notifications however since changing over I can’t receive the notifications on my charge but WhatsApp is not showing in my App list on the Fitbit app like it used to. How can I set this up! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jaynelynette, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that in order for your device to receive Whatsapp Notifciations your phone needs to receive a push Notification first. Once you receive it, go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Versa > Notifications > App Notifications and enable Whatsapp. If you're still unable to see the app on the list, pull down the screen to force the apps to update. If you're still unable to see it, force-quit the app and open it again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I recieven push Messages front Whatsapp but Whatsapp Will not appear in The app list. 

What am i doping wrong ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

really hoping someone can help. Just got my charh 3 and was looking forward to receiving WhatsApp notifications, but can’t! This issue to not about signal etc, but the fact that WhatsApp does not appear in the notification/app section, not even when I “refresh” the app. Please can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

i have the same issues after update the apps on phone. 
just realised that it only have instagram notification instead of mail and whatsapp. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For anyone with this issue, I was having the same problem: WhatsApp was not showing on my list of apps, despite following all the instructions listed in this conversation.

To activate it, I needed to get a friend to send me a WhatsApp message when my phone was locked. As soon as they did, the WhatsApp app appeared on the list of apps in fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed all the steps in this thread but Whatsapp does not show up in my list om app. I have na IPhone 8 and Charge4. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ask a friend to send you a WhatsApp message when your phone is locked. That worked for me. WhatsApp then appeared in my list of apps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed that did the trick! After receiving a watsapp from a friend suddenly it was in my Fitbit app and I could switch it on. 
Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have versa, my notifications were working fine until Dec 2019 when I ran updates. I’ve followed a number of steps with no joy, I have discovered though that WhatsApp doesn’t appear on my list of apps, can you help with this please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure your Notification settings are set to show previews on your phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have a fitbit charge 4 and would like to receive whatsapp notifications on my fitbit. I have push notifications turned on and I also have whatsapp notifications turned on in my fitbit app. I still do not receive the messages on my fitbit device, is there something I’m doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello team,

Just bought fitbit versa 2 ,tried each and every troubleshooting steps,still not getting whatsApp and Instagram notifications on watch.

Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes