Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No internet connection" error message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 5/15/2018: Hi Everyone, this issue should be resolved as of 2.50. If you are still experiencing this issue, please follow the troubleshoots outlined in @MarcoGFitbit's post here. If the issue is still not resolved, please start a new thread and our team will review. Thanks for your reports.

Fitbit Update 5/5/2018: We are still working on this issue. Thanks again for your reports. 

Fitbit Update 5/4/2018: We released app version 2.50 that may fix this issue. Please update your app and try again. If you still experiencing 'No Internet Connection' please let me know.

Hi iOS users!

Some of you may be receiving an erroneous error message that reads "No internet connection" or "Connect to the internet to view historical data." 

This might have started with the app release: 2.48 and continues now with app version 2.49. 

This issue is being escalated to our team for investigation. For any updates or information, please stay tuned. This thread will be updated when more information is available. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Hi- I am having a similar problem saying i'm not connected to the internet.  I have the Fitbit Alta, and the last couple of weeks it has been giving me the same message.  I have the iPhone 7, and I checked my settings and allow both background app refresh and cellular data.  I also have no problem connecting to the internet using other apps.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, which started a couple of weeks ago. I have the (original) Alta, and the app running on iPhone 8 Plus. I keep the Fitbit app loaded all day on my phone. I do have it set for background sync and to use cell data, always have. Lately when I unlock the phone after some period of time, the app says "No Internet Connection" and "Connect to the internet to view historical data". My internet and other apps are fine. If I close the app and open it again, it is fine. This started a couple/few weeks back, can't remember exactly, maybe with an app update. Today I updated to the just released v2.49 but am experiencing the same annoying problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I habe the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @CathyJH and @wealthychefSmiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know you've already checked your phone settings and tried some troubleshooting steps. At this moment I would like to ask you to update the Fitbit app if you haven't done it yet, then restart your phone and open the app. If you're getting any error message again, please take a screenshot and reply to me with it. This will be very helpful for me to determine which troubleshooting steps should we take next.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give it a try and let me know the outcome!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MarcoGFitbit thanks for your help. I've been working with Support, problem still persists. Here is additional info I can share that may help ... I strongly suspect that a defect was introduced with the April 2nd Fitbit app release that affected its timeout recovery.

• My config: iPhone 8 plus, iOS version 11.2. Original Fitbit Alta. Fitbit app version v2.49 (I just upgraded a couple of days ago, same problem with the previous version). Background app refresh is OFF ... it has been all along but the Fitbit app always recovered when I unlocked my phone.
  • Error symptom: When the phone unlocks, the Fitbit apps shows "No Internet connection" then after a few seconds changes to "Connect to the internet to view historical data".
  • Trigger: Not always repeatable. Quite often I leave the app running. When I unlock the phone after it has been asleep for some time the error occurs. I can't determine the amount of time or the trigger.
  • When did it start: Not absolutely certain but I believe it was after the April 2nd app update.
  • Workaround: Close the app then reload it. Works every time.
  • What have I tried?
    • Upgraded Fitbit app to v2.49 as soon as available. No change, same problem.
    • Logged out of Fitbit app, forced it to offload (settings, iPhone storage, Fitbit, Offload App), then powered off iPhone and restarted. Reloaded app (just by clicking on it). No change, same problem.
    • Enabled background refresh for Wi-Fi and Cellular. No change, same problem.

Here's a screenshot:

20180421_235824000_iOS.png

Best Answer

My Flex will not sync with my IPhone app and also shows no internet connection.  Based on notes from others, it appears that an update caused this issue. Hopefully FITBIT is jumping on this. 

Best Answer

Hello, your problem sounds a bit different from mine. My problem is that I get "No internet connection" after I unlock my iPhone when the app is running. If I unload and reload the app it is fine, and syncs just fine with my Alta. If you are having problems syncing with your Fitbit other than this, you may want to contact Support or try looking in the forum for closer matches to your problem. Good luck.

Best Answer

Hello- thank you for your assistance.  The problem is very intermittent, and can’t be replicated (which is why I’m just now responding).  I just got the message again so here is a screenshot. ThanksD5333B1F-22A0-47F0-B17E-0967EEBD5FB3.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunneryes that is the same message that I get. Intermittently, like you.

@MarcoGFitbitcan you help us? I was working with Support, and finally seemed to convince them this must be a defect (versus something that a reboot can fix). It was frustrating. They said they escalated to "the team" (developers???) then closed my Twitter conversation. I did not get any indication of if/when I would get a response, no reference or defect number, nothing.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate all of your reports. At this moment we have escalated this issue to our development team which will investigate and work towards a prompt and proper resolution. 

This thread will be updated once we have more information to share with you, thanks for your patience and understanding. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. My days active has also disappeared on my display dashboard.

Best Answer

Today is April 29, 2018, and I got the No Internet Connection message this morning.  Fitbit was working fine yesterday.  Curiously it does seem to be reading my steps this morning, however it won't read my sleep record from last night. Iphone 8, Fitbit Charge 2.  Bluetooth is on, internet connected, I tried rebooting phone, app is up to date, nothing seems to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is now May 1, and this is still happening. Any update please on status?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes- I'm still getting the same issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please note that as previously mentioned, this has been escalated to our Team and they are currently working towards a prompt and proper solution. Also, please keep in mind that this might be the reason why active minutes, sleep and other data are not syncing correctly with the Fitbit app. 

Once we have more information to share with you, we will update this thread accordingly. Thanks again for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great rest of your day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reported this problem a while ago and the response from Fitbit was that my phone was the problem. I'm glad they were wrong! Hopefully this issue is resolved soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MelRandom, thanks for joining the conversation, I hope you're having a great day! 

I appreciate your understanding and enthusiasm, please note that once I get more information to share, I'll make sure to update this thread. Additionally, please keep an eye on future announcements! 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

We released app version 2.50 that may fix this issue. Please update your app and try again. If you still experiencing 'No Internet Connection' please let me know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
Just downloaded the update... hopefully this helps!
Best Answer