Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No internet connection" error message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 5/15/2018: Hi Everyone, this issue should be resolved as of 2.50. If you are still experiencing this issue, please follow the troubleshoots outlined in @MarcoGFitbit's post here. If the issue is still not resolved, please start a new thread and our team will review. Thanks for your reports.

Fitbit Update 5/5/2018: We are still working on this issue. Thanks again for your reports. 

Fitbit Update 5/4/2018: We released app version 2.50 that may fix this issue. Please update your app and try again. If you still experiencing 'No Internet Connection' please let me know.

Hi iOS users!

Some of you may be receiving an erroneous error message that reads "No internet connection" or "Connect to the internet to view historical data." 

This might have started with the app release: 2.48 and continues now with app version 2.49. 

This issue is being escalated to our team for investigation. For any updates or information, please stay tuned. This thread will be updated when more information is available. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

I downloaded the app and the sync worked and it correctly transferred the data to the myfitnesspal app, too.  

Best Answer

I installed update 2.50 last night, and have not had the "No internet connection" error since then. However, it was always intermittent so I will see if I have 2 full days without the error before concluding it has been resolved, will post back here either way.

Best Answer

Installed the update the other day and just got this message again 😡73A5AEA4-B1AD-4081-9BF1-52DD2EC3070E.png

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner sorry to hear this! I've let the team know the issue persists. We are still working on it. Thanks for updating the thread. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Zip.  Starting yesterday, Saturday, May 5, my iPad app would not sync with the zip. “No Internet connection.” My iPhone, however, did sync—and does sync. I read on another thread that you are working on it. Are you working specifically on the iPad problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding to my previous post, I did check the App Store for the update before making my post. App Store showed that there was no update available.  So I assume that app is up-to-date. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having this problem. The app wont let me log in due to a "Request time out."

This is on an iPhone 5S, latest iOS 11.3.1, and Fitbit app version 2.50.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem resolved itself late yesterday afternoon (Sunday, May 6). I was
receiving the false no-Internet message for over 30 hours starting Saturday
morning. I tried every fix suggested on this thread, but nothing worked. I
decided to rely upon the message at the beginning of the thread from the
moderator saying they were “working on it.” They must’ve worked on it. Hope
yours flips on soon.

Oh, by the way, I’m talking about syncing on my iPad. As far as I can tell,
my iPhone 5s never had the problem. No false message about lack of an
Internet connection. But I didn’t get around to checking the iPhone until
Sunday morning. I check the iPad much more frequently, and it was still
having the problem when the iPhone 5s worked.

~BMc
--
Ben 

moderator edit: personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received the "No internet connection" message today, 4 days after applying update 2.50. It is not as frequent but still occurring.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have same issue.  Also I have messages waiting, but my screen says there are no messages.  I do a hard reset on the app and my messages are there!  Very problematic to say the least.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CathyJH@DcnJohnH Sorry to hear this. I've let our team know that you are still experiencing this issue. If there have been any changes, please let me know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
The issue resolved itself for me this morning. This is using the same app version as before that didn't work. I can only assume the magic pixies in the phone self-corrected, and nothing was done on the part of the "development" team.
Best Answer

For about two months now, there is a constant message stating there is no internet connection for my Alta to update historical data. The internet is fully functional. Usually but not always if I turn my Apple X off, when I turn it back on the message is gone and the steps, etc will finally update. WHY?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a known issue. Please see here for more info....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started receiving this error message and I have the 2.50 update already. This just started in the last day or so.  Is there going to be a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Was told to check signal strength on my phone. Same as you, this issue is a recent problem. Everything was working great until new update. Was also having issues with messages. Notifications were being received but messages weren't. Had to do a hard reset on the app to see messages. Very problematic.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m still having the problem! Off and on. Yesterday, I had the problem.
Today, I don’t. So far.
Please note: I’m having the problem only with the Fitbit app on my iPad.
The app on my iPhone doesn’t have the problem—and never has. And they both
use the same Wi-Fi connection. (The iPhone does not have a cellular
connection.) So Wi-Fi speed is not the problem.
~Ben
--
Ben McClinton

Moderator Edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! Just joined the community today I am having this problem for the first time today.States “no internet connection “ when I clearly do have.Tried logging out and back in but it says I need internet connection to log in of course!Silly me.This is the case with both the iPad and android.Help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you continue to report this situation, at this moment this issue has been forwarded to our team so they can investigate this further, once we have more information to share with you about this situation, we'll make sure to update this thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hello @RosalindS@NaughtyBits@DcnJohnH and @LibraVenus, I hope you're doing well! Smiley Happy

Thanks for your reports and your patience. At this moment this issue has now been resolved and you should be able to log in to your Fitbit account through the iOS app so please try to log in again. If you're still not able to log in, try the following:

• Try to log in using cellular data, if you're still unable to log in:
  • Change to a different WiFi signal, if you're still unable to log in:
  • Restart your phone and try to log in again 

Thanks for your patience, if there's anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to reply.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer