Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery is draining quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

We have 2 Sense devices we use.

I have all bell & whistles disabled, my wife has them enabled (alerts, alarm, tracker, always on screen, calls, etc).

BOTH our devices last 2 days instead of the advertised 6 to 6+ days.

We have the latest firmware, all up to date.

I've seen it now several times where an hour after a full charge the battery drops to 80%

From what I see in the other threads there are several people facing this issue.

This can't be a coincidence, Is Fitbit aware of this situation?

Regards

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

@IanVH, I am surprised that both of your Sense watches are experiencing the same problem. My Sense needs recharging every 5 days - I always charge when the battery level reaches 40%. The only time I experience battery drain issues was with the SpO2 app.  I removed that app, shut down the watch, restarted it and then re-installed the app. Haven't had any problems since then

Best Answer

I turned off 'always on' (where you look at your watch and see the time displayed all the time). After I did that, I was able to the 6 days of battery life.

Best Answer

Hello @IanVH Welcome to the Community Forums! @USAF-Larry @lablover55 Thanks for the input!

@IanVH Battery life can be affected by several factors. I would like to share with you some tips that could help to maximize the battery life of your wife's Sense device. For details, please go to the following link:

Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Currently, tracking SpO2 data may require more frequent charging. On a side note, you mentioned that for your Sense you've disabled all the features but please consider that animated clock faces, music control, music apps, Fitbit Pay and connected or buit-in GPS may also impact the battery and cause a more frequent charging.  

Keep me posted.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

My husband is having the same issue with his Sense that I gave him for Christmas 2020... He doesn't have SpO2 on, no animated clock face, no music control or app, no Fitbit play or connected to GPS.. He has it on manual.. We have read the article you linked above more than once and went through everything... His Sense battery charge only last 2-3 days max... It was not like that when he first got it... It just started 3 weeks ago... I spoke with Customer Service with no real help.. What other suggestions to you have?

So far have not found Customer service to be helpful.. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer

I had the same problem with my battery only last 2-3 days. I did the same as @USAF-Larry and deleted the SpO2 app from the Fitbit app. I also turned off most of my notifications, keeping only the ones I really wanted, and turned off the calls function (which I don't use). I have a basic clock face and have the watch set to go into night mode from 9pm-9am. I'm now getting seven days charge. In my case, it was definitely the SpO2 monitor that was draining the battery so bad.

Best Answer

Hello @Coffmcr, welcome to the community forums! @slbert, it's great to see you around and thanks for your input! 

@Coffmcr, I was informed by our Support Team that you contacted them and they worked on the case. They mentioned that they suggested to test the battery life of your Fitbit device and then update your case with the results. Since you have received assistance from them, I suggest you to follow their instructions and update your case if you require further assistance so they can continue working on your case and provide a prompt resolution. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

I had the same issue,

I thought it was a bad battery but decied to do a factory reset On day 3 and battery is sitting at 60%. So seems it has fixed the battery so far. My guess its a software issue since thats fixed the issue,hopefully the next update (whenever that launches) helps

Hope you find a fix that works for you

Sense, Aria 2, Pixel 4 XL
Best Answer

Actually shutting the Sense watch off and restarting it has greatly improved its performance... I found that on the community page.. That was not suggested by support... He restarted his Sense on Friday night and still has 51% today on Sunday... 

Best Answer

@ThinkDIGGITYDAN, welcome to the community forums and thank you for your input! @Coffmcr, I also appreciate your input!

Thank you for the steps you've tried and for letting me know that the difficulty seems to be resolved. Take into consideration that if you have additional comments or inquiries, you can post through this thread or created a new one in case you have different questions or inquiries. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am finding I only get three days on my battery 33% a day it seems to use up. My  ionic used to last six days so this is silly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. I just got my Fitbit sense this summer.. and it's lasted me like 3 days and recently 2 days. I'm wonderi f why that is. I haven't changed anything about it. And I don't know why that would be. I'm not using the SPo tracker. Animated clock faces are not on and I have it at basically the least battery draining things since first getting it.   Anything that can help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey let me know if you figure anything out.. i just changed from my Fitbit Ionic and am get two days battery… with minimal stuff on… i was getting 7 days before charge on the older Fitbit… im going to give it another week before the Sense goes back and my Ionic comes back on my account!

cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sanjay,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to resolve this. Even with minimal settings and by disabling all bell's & whistles the battery doesn't last 2 days.

I wish I had returned it in the beginning but now I's stuck with having to charge it on a 1-2 day basis which is, pretty annoying.

Cheers

Best Answer

Hi All, for those on the latest firmware, try turning off the status indicators [which was added in the latest version] in the watch Settings, Display, and then Shutdown the watch from the watch menu, wait 10 seconds and place on the charger to restart it and fully charge it. It might possibly help reduce battery drain.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem that I see with turning everything OFF to get my Sense to have a longer lasting battery is defeating the purpose behind the purchase and use of why I purchased this watch. It, should IMHO, not require that we go to the extremes such as this because if I had known that this is how it was going to work I would have purchased a Fitbit tracker instead of the Sense (which I purchased because of everything that was advertised about this)l There has to be a better way to make this to where it works PROPERLY without making such adjustments and hold the charge at the same time.

Best Answer

@lhicks501 - you are correct. It's only an interim solution which will hopefully not be necessary once a firmware solution is found to the current problem that seems related to the last firmware or Fitbit App update..

Best Answer

I hope and pray that it does but I'm going to go ahead and make any adjustments that I need until that happens so that my battery lasts longer because charging it every couple of days is really a pain in the butt

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lhicks501- with firmware 44.128.5.38 and Fitbit App 3.51.1, it's easily possible to get 6 days, for starters removing the SpO2 tracker app and clock face should get you an extra 2 days over what you have now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guy_

Took your advice and it worked thanks, however I found I could leave the tracker on and just removed all my clocks except the one I was using (a simple one) 

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes