Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the Spo2 sensor will be available?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has there been any update when the spo2 sensor will be available for use. It was the only reason I chose this watch over the others I was looking to buy.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
450 REPLIES 450

I don’t know what your definition of the Fitbit 3 having a Sp02 sensor. In the Uk it would need to be working when sold.

Fitbit had a big hype in the UK John Lewis saying in print the 3 was going to have a Sp02 sensor, granted it didn’t say working but this is what most normal people would think. Under the UK sale of goods act the item must be fit for purpose. Had I known what I know now I would have put my money towards a Garmin that does have a working Sp02 sensor working.

Hacked off
Best Answer

I'd guess that in the vast majority of countries advertising a feature means it actually works. It's extremely misleading to advertise it as "we will make it work", especially when it takes years and a few product generations to do it.

Best Answer

I am calling bull**ahem** that this sleep score beta is anything SPO2 related. 

If this beta is about the SPO2 sensor then why are non SPO2 units like a charge 2 able to not only join the beta but also receive scores?

Also if you want to try the beta for yourself you can just change your region in your profile and it will grant access. 

As for the beta itself I guess it is ummmmmm ok but I cannot trust the score it is giving because if you take a nap it tanks your score to hell. I have sent feedback but doubtful anything will come of it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Drew_Watkinson, what regions support it?  Does moving from the USA to any other region allow it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can switch your profile to US, UK and AUS all of which support the beta on your dashboard. Nothing as of yet is integrated into the app or devices for viewing sleep score data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the SP02 sensor for Fitbit watches.

We are still exploring how this would appear in the consumer experience, but such technology would use this sensor.

In the future, this sensor could give consumers the opportunity to identify potential health issues like sleep apnea.

When more information becomes available about this, I will definitely update you all! 

Thanks for your interest in this feature. See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

SatiFitbit.  We have been hearing for a long time that the Spo2 sensor will be available.  This was one of the key reasons I chose the Ionic.  It has been over a year and I am loosing faith in Fitbit.  I have had a Fitbit since the one was big and have been very pleased with Fitbit.  Now I am not sure if I would buy another or go with an Apple or Garmin next time.  

Best Answer

I guess that there is a misunderstanding of terminology and perhaps translation. My reading on what Fitbit have done is announced that these devices (starting with Ionic) have the sensor built in and therefore ready for future use. Just because the sensor is built in doesn't necessarily mean they have advertised a working feature they have not yet delivered. They are openly saying that when they are ready they will add the feature to the software to then use the sensor.

i appreciate their openness and bought the Ionic knowing the feature was not working but also knowing the sensor is there for when the feature does work. My only concern is that if they take too long developing the feature I'll want to upgrade my tracker and never get to use the sensor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kevsinnon Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing your input on this thread. I understand you are very interested in this feature. However, Fitbit is still exploring how this would work for you. Rest assured Fitbit will let you know once there are any updates on this. Thanks for being a long time user, thanks for your patience.

@cstephen I hope you're doing well! Yes, Fitbit keeps exploring how this would appear in the consumer experience. Will let you know once there are any updates available.

Thanks for sharing. Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So basically Fitbit put an extra sensor in a watch that was released 14 months ago, and in two other watches that got released after, but with no idea on how it would be used ?!

I found that really odd. It doesn't make sense for a company to invest extra money in a sensor and more than a year later, not having figured out how it will use it. 

Even more when competitors do !

Anyways, I'll be happy when that happens on my Versa. 

I just hope it will not be in a too distant future.

I'm sure if you gave an approximate timeframe (spring 2019 for example), customers would be less angry.

Best Answer
What's funny is that it doesn't need the supposed extra red light sensor,
I have had $20 watch that does blood pressure and spo2 but I hated wearing
2 watches and the stroll count was way off on it. The ionic came out so I
got rid of it and my old Fitbit, guess it was a bad idea as that watch is
no longer sold 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mid-November of what year?

Best Answer

@SantiR, since it's been over a year that you haven't active this feature (which was the main reason i bought ionic) , can i send it back and get a refund? According to the EU policy, since a product doesn't respond to the features it advertising, i can send it back. 

Thanks in advance. 

Please reply me in private message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Must admit I thought it had got this feature, was one of the reasons for purchase, although I love the Ionic cannot understand why this feature is still not available. Look at the BBC news article form August 2017!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41082953

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s pretty unfortunate that Fitbit can’t just activate the SpO2 sensor and figure out the rest of how they want to integrate it later. I’d be perfectly happy if they just turned on the sensor so I could see my levels. 

I get they want to address this with sleep apnea but honestly figure that out later. Activate the sensor and keep your promises. 

Best Answer

I agree with you entirely. Doesn't make sense on why it is taking so long. They should never have mentioned it really!

Best Answer

Completely agree I only upgraded because of the new feature! I feel like I have been scammed 😐

Best Answer

That’s just how I feel. Car manufacturers can’t sell a car with pod that checks the drivers stats but when you buy the car they say they are trying to implement the software......... so how can Fitbit do the same thing and still get away with it # Con

Hacked off
Best Answer

It would be better if we could get some idea on timescale, or just no maybe never!

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for sharing your input and feedback on this thread regarding SP02 sensor. Thanks for showing your interest for this feature.

Rest assured that once I have more information about this available; will definitely share it with you. For the moment, I have no updates available.

For the users asking for returns, the Fitbit warranty states you can return a device for a refund in within 45 days from the date of shipment. Feel free to check the warranty here.

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer