Use HR and HRV to Monitor Stress/Anxiety (and suggest relaxation/guided breathing)

Use HR and HRV to measure stress level. 24 hour HR graph.
How it works: http://emvio.watch/

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

310 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Indeed the charge 2 already calculates HRV. having the data available in the app would be great

l4urence
Jogger

I've been using Elite HRV - a free app that provides a guage of readiness from readings taken each morning. Interesting that they cannot support wrist based measurement, fitbit, apple watch - since they don't provide the right data (Heart rate RR measurements). I have to use a chest sensor - most seem to work, certainly the one I already had was compatible. I get on well with my fitbit and wouldn't change it but I think for this type of measurement we need new tech. If fitbit could link to an external heart rate monitor (as suggested in this thread) and the math done in the fitbit - it would be great!

Pegomas1
Recovery Runner

I would like to see a feature that makes more use of the HRV Score that the charge 2 uses for guided breathing. There are, apparently, other applications for this data so I think it would interesting to see this information in the app. 

FitnessGuru
First Steps

Display HRV value along with the hear rate. Not just for stress reduction but also show value to indicate how hard your working or how relaxed you are. Show me the number.

Username4242
Jogger

Heart Rate Variability is measured in the relax program (which I love, even though it's hard to tell when to breathe with your eyes closed). I'd like to see it as a trackable statistic like the resting heart rate because it gives a rough measure of whether I need to rest and recover from workouts and life, or if it's a good time to try a new and exciting work out where I can really push myself.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Im not sure how this would work, the relax exercise is dependent on being able to read live heart rate, this is not a feature of the app.

C0c0
First Steps

I'd love to see an option for a relax reminder notification that could be customized to a max (resting) heart rate. Cheers!

bengw
Jogger

It would be nice to be able to set a reminder on the hour or some other time to use the relax feature of the Charge 2.

PaulineB58
Recovery Runner

Yes l would like a tracking for heart rate add to the flex 2

DocJason
First Steps

There is a lot of great discussion in here, and I just want to toss some support on top to be sure it stays visible. Having access to intraday HRV data would be huge for us - we are using plenty of Fitbits with older patients and research participants, and would love to have access to ongoing HRV data to provide clinical support. It'd certainly cause us to pick up many, many more devices!

Yanakie
First Steps

most interested in HRV - thought it was included... that why I purchased the charge 2 

poganel
Jogger

+1 Please Add

poganel
Jogger

Yes! Please add HRV for the Blaze!

poganel
Jogger

Good idea!

Telepuzuk
First Steps

I want this feature.

xr1chardx
Jogger

This would be great feature specially if it was combined with VO2 in order to calm your nerves and coach you through breathing under stressful times.

Kinoman
First Steps

I think this would be fantastic!

Hrvoje
First Steps

Hi! I would like to know if you plan to integrate heart coherence features in your products? Something like http://store.heartmath.org/emWave-PC/. Thanx. Regards, Hrvoje

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

my Surge works in this case

boss angry and crying  -> rpm high Man Sad

nothing to add.

Runner_
First Steps
mrphibb
Recovery Runner

I also would like HRV data instead of purchasing a device for that sole purpose. 

JGBVI
First Steps

I wanted to pop in here and say this is one of the reasons that I purchased the Charge2 was because it had HRV.

I am sadden to see that it only has on-band support at this time. As I'm trying to really increase the efficacy of my training sessions, utilizing HRV will be an awesome way to be able to detect the subtle changes in my body, and better be able to associate how my body is feeling with what state of recovery it is in.

As I am often doing longer expeditions in the wilderness that have some really big days, being able to use this tool of HRV on the charge2 in the front country will not only maximize the benefits from training, but learn to detect subtle changes in my body.

Hope that this will be integrated in the near future!

SNAO
Jogger

Hello everyone. Has anyone tried using the heart rate intraday time series, to measure heart rate variability and try and detect mental stress? 

I'm very interested in exploring this option! If anyone attempted this, please let me know if this is possible at all?!

Jimbo1960
First Steps

Another vote for adding 'rowing'.

Jeff1173
First Steps

Yes, we need this! They could build it out in the relax program. The sleep program compiles that data, so why not have something that you can utilize during the day too.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.