Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 2 Firmware Update 1.88.11

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 09/3/2020: 

Thank you all for your participation in this thread. Since the majority of Ace 2 users have reported successfully updating their firmware, I am closing this thread. If you still have not updated your firmware check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Ace 2 unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. Thanks again for all the great feedback.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 8/20/20: The Ace 2 firmware release of 1.88.11 should now be available to all customers today. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist. Please keep this thread on-topic by only providing feedback after updating your Firmware to 1.88.11. 

Hi everyone,

We've begun releasing new firmware (1.88.11) for Ace 2 to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW

Please click here for firmware notes. 

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ace 2 can be found hereFor Ace 2 Firmware updates, you need to be paired to the kid account in Kid Mode. Please be sure to have your Ace 2 attached to your charger while updating.

If you run into any trouble updating your Ace 2 please review these troubleshooting tips

Please use this thread for reports on your experience with the Firmware update. Please find a similar thread or create a new post for other inquires to keep this thread on topic. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 09/3/2020: 

Thank you all for your participation in this thread. Since the majority of Ace 2 users have reported successfully updating their firmware, I am closing this thread. If you still have not updated your firmware check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Ace 2 unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. Thanks again for all the great feedback.

@kuwi thank you for the details shared. I appreciate your time and efforts.

@DCrumb5 Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. I know our Support team will do their best to help you. I recommend to continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 REPLIES 43

Is there a 24h option? An a longer screen on time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Phips85.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concerns about the 24 hour option and a longer screen on time. I am glad to assist you with that. I would like to advise that it's not possible to change the time format from 12 to 24 hour on Fitbit Ace and Fitbit Ace 2 devices at the moment. Thank you for your understanding.

I appreciate your suggestion for a longer screen on time. To preserve battery, the tracker’s screen turns off when not in use. While there is no option to change the screen on time duration, you can tap the screen or turn the wrist to wake up the screen again. For more information, see How do I see the time on my Fitbit device?

To share additional feedback or if you want to see features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board. Here our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works and do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How would we get the update if we can’t switch to kid view to sync the Fitbit ace? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Miriam12.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern about updating the Ace 2 firmware if you're unable to switch to kid view to sync the tracker. I recommend trying the following:

1. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Restart the tracker: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  5. Try to sync your child's tracker. You can confirm the steps to sync it at How do I sync Ace or Ace 2 with my device?

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Did anyone ever answer this question?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. The fitbit app on my phone is version 3.26.1 and has option for kids view. My sons tablet has version 2.63 which I downloaded yesterday from Google play store. There is no option to update the app so I uninstalled and reinstalled using Amazon apps. Still version 2.63 with no update available. So much for a good birthday gift......he has already lost interest because we can't get the blooming thing to work on his tablet. This is really bad for a huge company like fitbit and I'm so disappointed. How can I get the right version on my tablet.....I might truncate about this firmware update. I see In far from the only one with basic problems with the app so maybe sort that first???? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This isn't working for my devices. I've tried all the steps to 1 through 5, and I've gotten no where. It's like I'm stuck in a vicious loop that's preventing me from getting to the Ace 2 update. It's getting really frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Katherine20 @Nina37.

@Katherine20 I am sorry to hear you're having the same problem. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this, I understand that this can be very frustrating. Our team has recently released a new version of the Fitbit app. Please make sure you have downloaded the new version by following these instructions.

@Nina37 Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you can't get the tracker to work on your son's tablet. I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on our products and services, and your comments are always welcome. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. If the tracker is not paired to Fitbit family account, please try the following:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Reboot the phone and restart the tracker by following the steps from this help article.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and confirm the steps to set up the tracker at 

How do I set up Ace or Ace 2 for my child?

A new firmware hasn't been completely released to all users yet. We roll out new firmware in stages to ensure a smooth process for all users. I appreciate your understanding.

Just a small reminder, in order to keep the Community organized and to avoid misunderstandings, please make sure to reply back if you have questions about the Ace 2 Firmware update. Should you have other inquiries, I'd recommend to open a new thread so you can receive help from the Community.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

it would be great on another download to add a water tracker some how. I try to encourage my kids to drink enough water every day, it would be a fun 1 to add to their goals. and better tracking of exercising or a way to add it in like in the adult app, bike rides, and swimming do not always register.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mhaughton, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your suggestions about the features that would be useful for kids. Thank you for your feedback, comments from users are always helpful to continue improving the quality of products and services. The best place to make your voice heard is our Feature Suggestion boardHere our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works and do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My two boys got Fitbits today and they are very excited to have them. Both are Ace 2 and both are linked to my phone. Both were set up with minutes of each other this morning and both updated firmware as part of the set up process.

However, one (the younger boy's) has the newest firmware while the other (the older boy's) only updated to 63.18.

I have tried to update the firmware but to no avail. When will the firmware update? It is very frustrating as both want to have the same features and at the minute, the younger boy has more options than the older one! 

As an aside, the setup process was far from straightforward (and I am a very techy person) and there were many issues along the way. Not impressed with our first experiences of Fitbit...

Anyone?!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @clynchdub.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your concern about the firmware update on your sons' trackers. I understand how you are feeling and would like to advise that the new firmware is rolled out in stages to ensure a smooth process for all users and everyone will receive it at different time. I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. In the meantime, make sure the Fitbit app is updated and the tracker is syncing

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the set up process. We are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, and your feedback won't go unnoticed.

For more information about Fitbit kids devices, see How do I get started with Fitbit kids devices? 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me the timeline for all devices to have the update sent to them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did finally receive the update, and all is well with the Ace 2. The process was not painless, but I figured it out. My kid is happy again, so we move forward. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your replies, @clynchdub @Katherine20.

@clynchdub I understand your concern. While I am unable to provide the timeline when the firmware update will be released to all users, this is a progressive roll-out and you can receive it anytime soon. I appreciate your patience and understanding. 

@Katherine20 I am glad to hear you received the update for your child's Ace 2 and all is well. Thank you for posting the update here. I appreciate your feedback and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and working on your goals. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After updating my daughter's Ace 2 to this firmware, the option to view sleep has disappeared off the fitbit. The last screen when you swipe down is is a figure dancing in a circle with 4 of 9 below it. She's gutted as she likes seeing how long she slept for! 

Any idea how to get this back? The Android phone app (Tracker) is the latest version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @TenbyBoy.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that the option to view sleep has disappeared off your daughter's Ace 2 after updating the firmware. I totally understand how you are feeling. I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Restart the tracker by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Change the clock face:  
  • With your tracker nearby, from the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the account icon> Ace 2 tile.
  • Tap Clock Faces > All Clocks.
  • Browse the available clock faces. Tap a clock face to see a detailed view.
  • Tap Select to add the clock face to Ace 2. Sync the tracker.

Please keep me posted, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @LiliyaFitbit that worked and the ability to track sleep is back! 

Thanks for the quick reply and solution 🙂 

Best Answer

Hi @TenbyBoy, thank you for your reply.

I am glad to hear the issue is resolved. Thank you for your time and feedback!

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes