Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 2 not counting steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I took my sons ace 2 off this morning to charge and since I have put it back on his wrist, it’s not counted a single step. He’s done lots of steps and I’ve tested it myself but not one step has been added. He’s only had it less than a week. Is there any way I can reset it or another way to fix the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Odyssey13 , nice to see you back. Thank you for your help and informing us about the situation with @Nat0610 .

Hello @Nat0610 , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for sharing us your situation and for trying to solve this by yourself. 

I'll like to clarify the information provided. The steps advised by Odyssey13 are for the previous model. 

To restart the Ace 2 please do as follows: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the tracker until it attaches magnetically. The pins on the charging cable must connect securely with the port.
  3. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 5 seconds. 
  4. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Please keep me posted.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Nat0610  try a restart a few times, it might get it going. If not, let us know.

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Your tracker should now work normally.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Thanks for the response. There is no button on the charger? Is there another way to do this?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

There should be a button on the charger unit. Is this the original charger that came with the Ace2?

Best Answer
Yes, the charger was in the box and has the Fitbit symbol. We bought the ace 2 in Smyths toys a couple or so weeks ago. It is a short black cable with usb at one end and attaches to the watch via magnet. There is definitely no magnet

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

*sorry, meant to say no button

Best Answer
0 Votes

A moderator was notified about your post @Nat0610 and they will be by to assist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Odyssey13 , nice to see you back. Thank you for your help and informing us about the situation with @Nat0610 .

Hello @Nat0610 , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for sharing us your situation and for trying to solve this by yourself. 

I'll like to clarify the information provided. The steps advised by Odyssey13 are for the previous model. 

To restart the Ace 2 please do as follows: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the tracker until it attaches magnetically. The pins on the charging cable must connect securely with the port.
  3. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 5 seconds. 
  4. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Please keep me posted.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
  • My son’s Ace is also not counting steps. I have restarted it numerous times and nothing is working. 
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Asibley.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that your son's tracker is not counting steps. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and I am here to help. Since you've tried to restart the tracker already, I recommend making sure the tracker is syncing. You can confirm the steps to sync the tracker at How do I sync Ace or Ace 2 with my device?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer