Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 2 not tracking sleep correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We bought our son an Ace 2 specifically for the sole purpose of tracking his sleep. He recently went through a sleep study and was diagnosed with "mild apnea," and we were trying to get some more data to figure out just how much his sleep is affected. Our ENT advised us to have his adenoids and tonsils removed, and we don't want to put him through a major surgery with a tough recovery when we don't even know the true impact of his apnea. We understand the Fitbit is primarily a fitness tracker, and doesn't provide the same level of accuracy or detail as an actual sleep study, but there aren't any true at-home sleep tracking devices that have been proven reliable on kids, only adults.

Anyway, I provide this background to stress the importance of his sleep data being at least relatively accurate and reliable. That is the ONLY reason we bought this device. The problem is, when our son wakes up to use the bathroom (sometimes at 1am, sometimes at 5am), it usually does not recognize that he has gone back to sleep. We have a video monitor so I can confirm that, yes, he most definitely DOES go back to sleep. I don't understand why the Fitbit doesn't recognize this, but if it can't get correct something that simple, then it's pretty much useless. I'm wondering if there's a way to troubleshoot this.

On another note, I have also struggled to navigate the app. I don't find it to be user friendly or intuitive. I've tried reading directions online and just end up getting more confused. Overall I really have not been satisfied with this product and will be returning it if I can't get the sleep tracking issues resolved.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JL95301.

I am sorry to hear your son's Ace 2 is not tracking sleep correctly. I understand how important tracking your son's sleep is for you. Thank you for the additional details, I understand how you are feeling and I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Check if your son is sleeping with the tracker on his non-dominant hand.

3. Confirm that the tracker is snug on his wrist. 

For more information about tracking sleep, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

I appreciate your feedback regarding the Fitbit app. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. You can find more information about the app at How do I use the Fitbit app?

For more information about the Fitbit Family account, see How do I manage my Fitbit family account?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes