Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 2 not tracking sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My son's Ace 2 tracked sleep the first night he had it but hasn't ever since then.  I moved there appear to be several others with this same problem.  Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Cstonewheeler, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Cstonewheeler

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that your son's Ace 2 tracked sleep the first night but hasn't ever since then. I understand your concern and appreciate your efforts to resolve this. I recommend doing the following:

1. Restart the tracker by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Confirm if you son is sleeping with the device on his non-dominant hand.
  3. Confirm that your son has the Sleep Sensitivity setting set to Normal

I also recommend not to switch to kid view while your son is sleeping as the sleep tracking is interrupted. 

Let me know if the issue persists, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and the sleep tracked the night that I reset it.  However has not tracked since then.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cstonewheeler, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughters fit bit tracks her sleep in the app but won’t show it on the phone. I have tried the fix suggested of changing the face on the phone and this works for a day but then stops working again 

Best Answer

@Kiwitkl, I'm sorry for the late response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit forums.

Regarding the sleep tracking issues that your daughter is experiencing with her Fitbit Ace 2, I'd like you to restart her tracker as described in this help article. This will refresh the tracker internally. After this, monitor your daughter's sleep and see if it gets synced to her account.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue it's been on charge its 98% but it hasn't tracked any steps at all today? I've  logged into the app and rebooted it etc nothing has worked. Can you assist Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rebeccajhorsman, due to the recent events, I apologize for the delayed response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit Community. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

Since your Fitbit Ace 2 is still unable to track steps after trying a reboot, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. My daughter's Ace 2 used to track my daughter's sleep, then suddenly it stopped working. The sleep icon is also greyed out on the tracker. I restarted the tracker, checked the sleep sensitivity setting and changed the clock face multiple times. Please let me know what can be done to fix this. We purchased this in December 2019.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @maibelline.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your daughter's Ace 2 tracker. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details, I am here to help. I recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as the updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Please also make sure the Ace 2 is syncing. You can find the steps to sync it at How does my child sync Ace or Ace 2 with their device?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Best Answer

Hi @LiliyaFitbit,

My Fitbit app is up to date and the Ace 2 is syncing as I can see my daughter's daily steps.

The sleep function does not seem to be working at all. The moon icon is greyed out on the Ace 2 so it does not seem like it is tracking sleep.

What next?

Thanks!

Maibelline

Best Answer

Hi @maibelline, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my daughter’s Ace 2, it shows a greyed moon and doesn’t track her sleep only appears on the app

Best Answer

Hi @anagaby, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that your daughter’s Ace 2 doesn't show sleep, but the sleep information appears on the app. I would like to advise that this issue has been reported to our team and they are already investigating it and looking for a resolution. Your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my son’s Ace 2. We’ve had it for less then 1 week and it has had a grey moon the entire time. I can see his sleep on my phone app but not on his tracker. I’ve restarted the tracker but that didn’t seem to help. We’d love some advice. Thank you.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Nevans.

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your son's Ace 2. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and would like to advise that our team is currently working to resolve this issue and hope to have a fix soon. I am sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience. 

I could see that you got in touch with our Support team about this and that they were able to assist you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer

My sons did the same thing! We are sooo disappointed!!! How did you all fix this!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Only bought the watch a few weeks ago and the sleep tracking only worked first couple of nights. Ever since it has been greyed out. I checked the strap was on properly and also restarted the watch, still nothing. Quite frustrating as this was one of the main features why I chose this product. Kindly help resolve this asap

Best Answer
We were never able to get this fixed.
Best Answer

Hi there I was wondering did you get this issue sorted? As I have same problem with my daughters ace 2

Best Answer