Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 2 tracked extra steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I just got a Ae 2 for my son today and by tonight he managed to around 800 steps whilst sitting in his room. I have tried to restart the watch but I get the smiley face but no vibration.

not sure what else to try or is this a faulty device or a firmware issue? 

Look ok forward to you advise.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@MrJay01 welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your son's Fitbit Ace since it tracked steps while he was sitting in his room. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

Please check if your son is not wearing his Ace 2 too tight. If the tracker is not too tight, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly. Also, let me know if this happens constantly or just that time that it counted around 800 steps.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Thanks for the fast reply and I have checked how tight it is and it’s fine. But did change to prominent arm and it seems to be working fine. It’s on his non prominent arm. I will keep a ye in on how it works over the next couple of days. Can you explain why it did not vibrate after smiley face on reset? 

Many thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrJay01 i'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm so glad to hear that your son's Fitbit Ace seems to be working properly now.

Regarding your inquiry, I believe that there was a little glitch in the tracker and this is why it didn't vibrate after resetting it. This doesn't affect the tracker at all but I would like to know if it vibrates for the other features (alarms or notifications). Also, I would like to know if the extra steps stopped being tracked.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Not a problem in the reply and yes it does vibrate on notification and alarms. Also as I changed the settings the steps seem to be fine so far.

Thanks again for help on this.

Regards

Jason

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@MrJay01 I'm happy to hear that the steps are being tracked accurately. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you see something unusual and I'll be glad to assist you.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again and will update if anything changes. 

Best Answer

@MrJay01 you are welcome! See you around and have a great day.

Best Answer
0 Votes