Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace needs to be Waterproof

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As soon as they have one for kids that is waterproof,I will purchase 2 immediately.  Until then I don;t want to worry about keeping up with them if they are in the pool.

moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@cecilia.pearl  The Ace is sweat and showerproof.  Based on your thread, you know that it is not swimproof.  I did a brief search on the Feature Suggestion forum to see if there is a request for a swimproof children's tracker.  There isn't one.  Starting a new Feature Suggestion is the way to bring your idea to Fitbit's attention. 

When my children were young, I bet there were days when they spent more time in the pool than on dry land.  I'm sure there are many parents who feel just like you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Very disappointed that the new kid fitbits aren’t swim/waterproof. When designing a product for kids it should ALWAYS be extreamly durable and that includes sand and water resistant/proof...especially when rolling them out at the start of summer. 

Best Answer

The Ace is essentially an Alta for kids. The Alta is not waterproof. The Ace is shower proof.

Best Answer

@cecilia.pearl@Amber1509 I've merged your posts together since they share the same sentiment. Thanks to you both for joining the Community and sharing this opinion. 

As @LZeeW mentions, Ace is sweat, splash, and showerproof and the feature suggestion board is the best way to call out this feature and show the desire through votes to our team. I highly recommend checking it out and posting the suggestion there. I'd vote for it. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Hi, @cecilia.pearl, three current Fitbits are waterproof and okay for swimming: the Fitbit Ionic, the Versa, and the Flex 2.

While you might not want all the capabilities for the Ionic or the Versa for your child, I would say that the Flex 2 would be a great choice, especially for younger children who might not remember to take off their Fitbit before jumping in the pool.  

Currently the only Fitbit you can add to a Family Account is the new Fitbit Ace.

For that reason (and others) I have created a Feature Suggestion to Allow a range of Fitbit Devices for a Family Account.  You can vote for, and comment on, that Feature Suggestion here.

Voting for a feature suggestion is the best way of letting the developers know what customers would like to see implemented or improved.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
The Flex 2 is not an option. The band is not secure especially for a child.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

(Edit original reply) Hi. The Ace is sweat and showerproof, but not waterproof. The three FitBits that are swim proof are, the Versa, the Ionic, and the Flex 2.  May the FitBit Flex 2 would work for them?IMG_20180610_134244.jpg

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer

This is crazy!

I’ve bought a versa for my boy - 8 years old, swimming local champion, but I cannot use it because of a technicality!?

I must buy an Apple watch for this? This is incredible stupid!

Best Answer

I am still waiting for the Ace to be waterproof!   All the other suggestions/solutions are NOT acceptable for this grandmother.

Cecilia Miller

Best Answer

Hi @cecilia.pearl@SeleneD and @Courage2000, and welcome to the new users in the forums.

It'd certainly be great of this feature (swimming) was available with more products, as it was mentioned previously, currently the only devices that support swim tracking are Versa, Ionic and Flex 2. However, the only device that is specifically designed for kids at the moment is the Fitbit Ace. 

So I would recommend to vote for this idea that @Julia_G mentioned, to be able to add more devices to the Family account, or you can also post a separate idea in the Feature Suggestion board to express your support for the swimming feature with a device like Fitbit Ace. 

It's good to see you around participating the forums. Smiley Happy

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

This is very true! My son had one and pair the tracker piece at the bottom of the lake while at camp 😞 arill has the band though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have two kids and I have the Versa for myself. I am looking to get them fitness trackers, would love the Ace, but it isn't waterproof. They swim year round, so I don't want to have to worry about reminding them to take it off, especially since I don't have to take mine off.

Best Answer

It's good to see you visiting the Community forums @Suzc101

The Fitbit Ace was specifically designed for kids which makes it ideal as a present, however, it isn't a swim proof device, and only Versa, Ionic and Flex 2 can support swim at the moment. I do recommend that you vote for this idea in the Feature Suggestion board, since this section is regularly reviewed by the team of developers for possible updates in the future. . 

I hope this helps.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer