Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace syncing issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my daughter's Ace has stopped synching to my phone: Samsung A8.

I've just run an update but it still wont pair with issue "cant pair. Check your device settings and try again" 

I cant see any device settings. Could you please help? 

Thanks 

Claire

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

qHi, @ClairePaine , sync issues are pretty common, and often correct themselves spontaneously, but I know it can be really frustrating when you want to sync and it just won’t.

Please have a look at this help article for syncing with Android devices.

Whenever you are having sync issues it is important that if you sync with more than one device (for example if you sync with both a phone and a tablet or computer) make sure that Bluetooth is OFF on any devices other than the one you are trying to sync with.  Also if you have a Fitbit as well as your daughter it sometimes helps if your Fitbit is out of range when you are trying to sync hers.

From my own experience, it often helps to give a non syncing Fitbit a restart.  Here are the instructions for the Ace:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.

3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Sometimes it helps to repeat the restart two or three times.

(If your daughter’s Fitbit is an Ace 2, the instructions are different, so please let us know.)

I would say the other 2 most helpful tips are to go to your Bluetooth settings on your phone and turn Bluetooth off, wait a few moments, and then turn it back on again.  Then return to the Fitbit app on your phone and try again to force a sync.

If you still are getting nowhere, try logging out of the app completely, and then log back in again and try to force a sync.

If that still doesn’t work, my advice would be to try all these steps again in a few hours or the next day.  As I said, usually these problems are temporary.  You know that the device is compatible - it’s just being moody!

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@ClairePaine welcome to our Fitbit Community! Regarding the syncing issues that you are experiencing with your daughter's Fitbit Ace, I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it got resolved after following the great troubleshooting steps that shared @Julia_G.

If you found her post helpful, please accept it as a solution so other users can find it easier.

Looking forward to your response! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes