Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device for Swimming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Fitbit Ace does not appear to be waterproof for swimming.  The Charge 3 is and promoted for the swimming activity.  But the Charge 3 can not pair for a middle school aged student with the Fitbit app. Software issue? Or missing capability?

What Fitbit device (other than Ace) supports a child account, but is also a swim activity tracker?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the forums!

In order to set up an adult account you must be 13 years of age

See this thread by @KateFitbit
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Ineligble-for-account/m-p/2715466

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@BikeRide134 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Regarding your inquiry, my friend @WendyB provided all the details about the requirements to create a Fitbit account. The Ace is the only tracker that can be set up for children.

If you have any doubts about the information included in the thread that she shared, let @WendyB or me know and we'll be happy to help you.

See you both later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

No one from Fitbit has actually come out and said if you offer a youth device (under 13 years of age) that is water proof and can track swimming activity.  yes or no?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BikeRide134 Thank you for getting back! I'm afraid to tell you that we don't have a Fitbit tracker for children under 13 years old that can track swimming activities.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you look on the Product Page, it doesn't say anything about being able to track swimming.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Correct.  I know that.  But Fitbit told me that I should have bought it for my child under 13 to use for swim.  I purchased the Charge 3 (which tracks swim), but it will not allow a child under 13.  They advised that I trade.  

Bottom line.....Fitbit support is unable to just come out and say that they do not have a fitness device for someone under 13 who uses swimming as a fitness activity.  Not sure why they are avoiding saying something that is supported by facts.  

Best Answer

Finally.  You are the first person from Fitbit to finally say this.  I had many lengthy phone calls with different support agents.  All of them absolutely avoided supplying a factual answer.  Instead they would put a spin on every reply and try to steer me to a device that absolutely does not support swim activities.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the information you've provided @BikeRide134, as you already mentioned, Fitbit Ace is not a swim-proof device, it is only shower-proof, as showed here

The only device designed for children at the moment is Fitbit Ace, but only Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Flex 2, Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa are swim-proof. If you haven't done so already, I do recommend that you vote for this idea and add your comments as well, since the Feature Suggestion section of the Community is constantly reviewed by the team of developers. 

I hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer