Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Each child needs a device to use fitbit?!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This migration to Google is frustrating to set up, and today I learned my kids' fitbits will not work unless they have their own devices (and the Amazon Fire is not compatible!).  One phone should be able to support multiple fitbit devices and there should be an Amazon app! As a parent, this is very frustrating, and I am unlikely to purchase a fitbit for anyone in our family again 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hey so each child does not need a device. Fitbit staff does not understand how this works. Honestly that is very unfortunate. Ignore Fitbit instructions.

First create a new child account using this link: https://familylink.google.com/onboarding/fork?authuser=0

Note my old kids account did not work but new one does. At least that was the issue for me. 

Now If you have android phones then these phones support multiple profiles so it's super easy. If you have an extra iPad or Chromebook with android apps lying around you can sign into the Fitbit app on those devices and pair it with your kids watch. 

Worse case let's assume you only have one iPhone or an android device that does not support multiple profiles. Just sign out of your Fitbit app. And sign into the Fitbit app with your kid's newly created account. Finish setting up your child's ace device. Then logout of your Fitbit app and go to settings and disconnect your kid's ACE 3 from your iPhone. That's it done. Your kid's device won't sync with the Internet anymore but it will work just fine as a standalone device no issues. 

Best Answer

Yes, and this is dumb, because before everything switched over to Google, everything worked just fine on one device.

Best Answer

I cannot agree more. I'd never had a Fitbit kids account and it took me 2-3 months to create it. Had to write multiple emails to Google and Fitbit and called their support multiple times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes