Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain errors 24/28 trying to set up Ace

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughter's first Ace didn't work, so we received a replacement Ace. Now I cannot get the Ace to setup. I receive the error message: FBBluetoothErrorDomain Error 24. I reset the Ace, deleted and reinstalled the app, turned off Bluetooth, restarted iPhone, turned off WIFI and tried using cellular... nothing seems to work. If I try to set up a second time, I get the error message: FBBluetoothErrorDomain Error 22 (for which I found a solution, but that just gets me back to the Error 24 issue). Please help!!

moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
50 REPLIES 50

My understanding is the Ace can only be setup through a phone. Since you have been sent tsupprt I'm not concerned, but did you get the same error for all? 

Best Answer

My issues are identical to yours! First one didn't work, got a replacement, now cannot set up!  Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got a replacement today and it worked like a charm first go. I should have been advised to do that first up.

I would go back for another replacement and not leave the store until it's set up and working.

Good luck!
Best Answer

@cort1476 Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! Let me go ahead and follow up with the setup issues you've experienced with your Fitbit Ace. Was your Ace able to be set up or does the issue persist? Are you getting the same error message?

@Morski I'm glad to hear that your replacement Ace is working! Thank you for posting the update here and don't hesitate to get back if more assistance is needed!

See you guys around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Thank you for your advice. I went through at least 20 times what you and other support members on chat told me. But still show error 24 message.
This is ridiculous..... 

Is there any way I can return fitbit to you for refund? We need to search something alternative for my son now. He needs to track his activity for his school work. 

I think I am patient enough to wait for your tech team to work on this problem. It has been a month since I reported this problem first time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LMom, thank you for your patience, and for confirming you've already tried all basic troubleshooting. Have you also tried to set up using a different platform like Android or Windows? 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Yes, it is indeed frustrating. If there is no known date to fix it, maybe we should be given the option to return it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Asia18 Welcome to the forums! I know how frustrating this is for you. However, our team is actively working in order to provide a solution soon. I appreciate your feedback and understanding with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I’ve gotten this for months and it is really frustrating. Tried to pair it with both the android and iphone but nothing seems to work.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your feedback and patience with this @Asia18, the team of developers is aware of the users who have been experiencing trouble with these error messages, and they're working to find a solution for this as soon as possible. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
Why aren’t people being advised before they buy them? Or being offered immediate refunds? I for one, won’t be buying another Fitbit after this experience.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Morski I totally understand how you feel and i'm sorry about the experience you had. Your feedback and patience with this are greatly appreciated. Our team is actively working in order to get this issue fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for looking into it. It is just so disappointing because it has been months and my 9-year old daughter was looking forward to tracking her steps and have a built in alarm on her watch. There has to be a target date that we can look forward to. It’s been months!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Asia18 I definitely know how you feel about this. Thank you for your comments and feedback. As long as our team comes up with a resolution, we'll make sure to post it in the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's Christmas Day....many many months since this was first reported (on this thread at least.) The "our team is working on a resolution" reply doesn't seem so sincere any more. My daughter's Fitbit Ace is having the identical problems discussed in this thread. The online customer support rep just gave me the same response, which I saved. Sadly, it looks like a return is in our future; followed by a search for a comparable watch by another manufacturer. Any suggestions?

Merry Christmas!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brown921 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you've had with the Fitbit Ace. Your feedback is being forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

As soon as a solution is released, we'll make sure to post it in the Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have one for the crack FitBit team.  Here's my saga (I'm writing this while on the phone with customer service for the 5th time:

Day 1: FitBit Ace arrived for my son (holiday present)

Day 6ish:  FitBit stopped working.  Battery got super hot.  Called support and had a replacement on the way.  10 days later (because I needed to send the original back first so they could confirm it was, in fact, broken)...

Day 16: New device arrived WITHOUT THE WRIST BANDS

Day 20: Replacement band arrived...JUST THE SMALL STRAP SIDE

Day 25: Other 2 bands arrived

Day 25: Attempted to setup Ace.  Will not sync with multiple iOS devices, Android tablet, Windows 10 laptop

Please, please, please fix your incompetence!

Rant over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scudmiss Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the issue and experience you've had with your Fitbit Ace. I totally understand how you feel about this.

However, I want to follow up on this issue and would like if you get any error message when trying to set up the new Ace. Have you tried to restart it as described in this help article? Have you tried the setup process as instructed in this help page also?

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to proceed accordingly! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi...exact same issue here.  Original Ace worked until it didn't.  Replacement Ace cannot be set up because of these same errors. I've got nothing but Apple products, so I have no options to set it up on another platform.  This is very frustrating, and even more so to know that it's been happening for months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, so I've tried EVERYTHING the company has asked me to.  I've also tried setting the device up with 2 iPhones, 1 Android tablet, and one Windows 10 PC.  Same error code each time.  I am 100% convinced that FitBit, aside from sending me ANOTHER replacement, will not be able to correct me issue.

To FitBit:  This was more than a rant than a request for help.  BTW, please, no more insincere apologies.  I've gotten so many throughout my contcts with you guys that I can't even take it anymore.

Anyone know what the scrap value of this **ahem** FitBit is?

Best Answer
0 Votes