Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won’t switch to kid view

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

what is wrong with the Fitbit app and why won’t it switch to kid view?? 
So frustrating seeing it buffering and won’t switch. I have a watch which is of no use, what a waste of money.

i have deleted the app on my iPhone and done the latest update but still does the same thing. Login again and then switch to kid view but does nothing.

anyone for any ideas?? Thanks.

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hello…

It‘s a general issue with the latest iOS app and we have to wait for an app update. Very frustrating… had a call to fitbit support. Very friendly but sadly no other solution for Apple users. Using the Android app should still work. 
The problem in detail is switching to the kids profile that doesn’t work at the moment with iOS app. 
My daughter isn’t happy with the situation at all. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. I’ve tried toggling Bluetooth and deleting the app and then reinstalling it but the problem persists.

Best Answer

Just discovered this today. One very unhappy daughter. What a ridiculous situation, you would expect they test an update before rolling it out!

Best Answer

When I try and switch to kids view, it is stuck on the page and won’t load. I have tried numerous times and on different devices, I have also tried to set up a new account entirely. When is this issue being resolved? I need to be able to set an alarm on my child’s ace 3. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. My son was so excited to get his new fitbit and now he can’t use it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me too - the original strap broke, so been a while until we got a replacement. Now trying to reconnect, and we’re just getting the white flags raised

Best Answer
0 Votes

Switching to kids view still doesn’t work, if you select to connect a device from adult view and then after selecting Ace 3 try to switch to the kids view. 
But as a workaround since a few days you can switch from adults main screen via „you“… „family“… to kids view and there you are able to connect Ace 3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone. Welcome to the community forums to the new members. 

Thank you for taking the time to share all the details regarding this situation with the app. I understand how important it is to you to switch to the kids view and I'm sorry for the inconvenience that it is causing. 

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of the Fitbit app. Also, confirm that your phone is running the latest version of the software. 

In addition, perform the following troubleshooting steps to the app:

• Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  • Check if the issue is still happening.

Thanks a lot @Superschlumpf for providing this helpful information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

and thx getting into our issue. But sorry to say… all the suggested things won’t work for any iOS user. So people would waste their time trying that. I had two phone support sessions really tried everything. In the end it’s a software bug that could be fixed on server side and as well on app side. 
After probably something was fixed on server side the workaround I mentioned above was working. But I suppose to get the other way switching tonkids view working needs an app update. 
I just can say, that there’s nothing to do on user side besides an app update that could help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same issue is being experienced here, with my son's Ace 3 : The Fitbit App will not switch to Kid View and gets stuck during the switching process (on an iPhone).

This issue occurring with approximately 2 weeks (before 25 Feb 2024).

Additionally, with the General Fitbit App Interface Update in late 2023 : the user experience is much less good compared to the previous App Interface.

Now (when switching to Kid View (when switching works)), my own Fitbit Versa 4 gets removed from the App. And needs to be added back in from scratch when returning to parent view, every time! So frustrating and such a waste of time, to go through that process ever-time after having been in the Kid View....

Please fix both issues. I love Fitbit, but couldn't recommend them to anyone at the moment based on the current software experience....

Best Answer
0 Votes

What a shame… my daughter really was sad to see her loved watch not working anymore. I spend 2 calls each more than a hour talking to support team, asked for another watch model as a replacement just to see the kid happy again. But nothing helpful from their side… just promising that a fix would come with an update within two or three days. NOTHING happened… I really liked Fitbit, but now I bought a new watch of another brand and my daughter smiles again. Never ever any Fitbit product again… can’t understand they don’t care about customers satisfaction, essentially about the kids. 
Fitbit… how dare you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will this issue be resolved any time soon? I feel like we have completely wasted money buying items we can’t use!!(bought two in February for my children and can’t see them up) absolutely ridiculous!

Best Answer

@Ellie_c 

As you definitely are in warranty I would give back the watches and get a refund. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing has helped. 2 kids watches unable to sync to add alarms or update the time. What are you doing to fix this problem? 

Best Answer

Sadly as we can see they do nothing to help our children get lucky again quickly. 

Best Answer

Is everyone still having this issue? I am unable to switch to kids view through the app to update time. My daughters fitbit ace2 is 3 hours behind normal time and I cannot update.

Best Answer

Still having this issue. Although I don’t even have the option for switching to kids view. 
Fitbit, what the hell!! 
we’ve now hard reset our sons ace 3 to set it up on his device, and we can’t get it to sync at all. His watch is useless now. 
What are you guys even doing? All your updates just make things worse. 
It was bad enough taking Spotify controls away from the versa 4. Now you’re making your kids only option obsolete.
Do better!! 

Best Answer

This worked for 2 years.  Now it doesn't and no one seems to care.  Good thing Google took over ... NOT!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem a lot too. It takes a lot of work sometimes to get it to switch and sometimes it will not allow me to access the family at all (then it’ll say the family account exists) - it’s a whole long story. 

bottom line I found one trick that helped. Make sure you’re ‘friends’ with your child and then you can go to their profile from your friends list and there is a switch to kid view option there also. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t. 

Best Answer