Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove a child from a family account?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up a family account and then a child account for my daughter without being aware that you can only connect a specific device 😕. Now I am trying to delete the family account but I have to first remove my daughter from it. How do I do this please?

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@Bron1 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Let me go ahead and help you with your inquiry about how to remove your daughter's user from the family account. Please visit this help article which explains how to remove a family member.

Let me know if you have additional questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed. But I think fit bit failed here by limiting family accounts to a specific device.

I have several trackers that my children have "inherited" from me and my husband. We should be allowed to create a family account with any device! Big fail fit bit.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@anneszy Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I totally understand how you feel and I appreciate your feedback about the Family Account options.

Don't hesitate to get back if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was in the same "boat" ...someone gave my son a Fitbit HR Charge that they weren't using anymore and I created a family with the intention of adding him/the HR Charge to MY account. Further into the process I learned that you can only link the kids model.  I then tried to delete the family...and learned I couldn't delete a family that had members....SO I deleted him.  I went through all the steps and responded to the email.  My son is still showing up on the app.  In the meantime I didn't realize that our watches were still linked. I couldn't understand how he had reached 15,000 steps AT SCHOOL.  🙂  Since I realized this (tonight) I deleted the HR Charge from my account, and reset his to the factory settings. It cleared at first, but now it's back to the combined step count of 15,000.

Can you please tell me the best way to clear this all up!!  ...and can he just use the watch without it being linked to a account.  He's 10 he just wants the watch and fun of tracking his steps.  THANK YOU!

Best Answer

@agguz1972 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up and would like to know if your child's account could be deleted from your Family account.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I’ve read this thread and had the same issues. We bought our grandson a Fitbit Inspire and didn’t realise until it was too late, ie after I’d created the family account and added him that we can’t use the Family account. 

Ive had to set him up with an adult account, which isn’t the best idea!

I’ve also been trying to delete the child account but I haven’t received any emails to confirm that I want to do it, so haven’t been able to delete the family account. 

Please advise what to do if I’m not receiving the confirmation of deletion of child account email? 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner and thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. I'm sorry for the late response.

I appreciate your preference, it's great to hear you bought a Fitbit Inspire to your grandson. I am sorry for any trouble as only Fitbit Ace devices can be set up to Fitbit family accounts. Thank you for sharing your experience and for your feedback. I would like to confirm if you've tried these steps to delete child's account? When deleting the child's account the guardian should receive the email to request the account to be deleted. If you haven't received it you can check your spam folder to verify if it's there or not. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks you for your reply.

I have completed all the steps correctly on about ten separate occasions and I haven’t received a confirmation email for any of them. 

I have checked my checked my spam folder, and all other folders in my Gmail account and I’m not receiving them. 

Please advise what I need to do. 

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, thank you for your reply!

I appreciate all the efforts trying to resolve this. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Support sorted it for me. Email notifications needed to be ticked. Here’s the instructions they sent me in case they help anyone else.

In order to address this situation, we'd like you to confirm if you have unticked email notifications for Family Accounts:

• Log into your account (didn’t work for me on my smartphone, only on iPad /laptop/ PC)
  • Click on the gear icon (on the top right corner).
  • Then, on the left side you will see "Notifications".
  • Click on "Notifications.
  • You will see a list, find where it says "Family account".
  • And make sure that emails is ticked.

If it's unticked for emails, please select it to turn on the email notifications and sync from the Fitbit app.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner ! Thank you for getting back!

I am glad to hear it has been sorted out. Thanks for sharing the steps for other users. 

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes