Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Family is missing on app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else My Family missing.

I have the ability to create a family and when I click that it comes up with an error my the ‘My Family is already created’. But the option to see my sons Ace has disappeared. Help. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity and label

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @LeanneAMum2.

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties with your Family account and switching to your son's view. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help.

I recommend logging out of the app, restarting your phone and logging back in. You can confirm the steps to switch views in this help article: How do I see my child’s stats in the Fitbit app? 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I had a family account for my two kids for more than a year. Recently, I accepted FitBit’s free upgrade to Premium. Now my kids are missing. The app says I can “Create a family account.” If I click that and enter my email address, it says I already have a family account, but fails to connect it. My kids are frustrated. Please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, I just tried rebooting my iPhone and restarting the FitBit app, but nothing improved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @robinholzer.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I totally understand how you are feeling and recommend to log out and then log back in to your Fitbit account. 

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok so logging out and rebooting allowed me to access my son’s Ace2 and now it’s crossed his Ace2 with my Alta and our accounts are all messed up. My account now thinks he is the guardian or that I’m using his Ace2. What now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Beermank

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you were able to access your son's Ace 2, but now there is a confusion with your accounts. I recommend confirming the steps to switch between your accounts in this help article: How do I see my child’s stats in the Fitbit app? You can also find there information about guardians: What are guardians in Fitbit family accounts?

To confirm the steps to set up Ace 2, see How do I set up Ace or Ace 2 for my child?

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve made some progress:

At first, I misunderstood that swiping to close the app might help, but it didn’t.

I reread your instructions and tried again. This time, I went to the account page, scrolled to the very bottom to log out. I then powered down and rebooted my iPhone. I reopened the FitBit app and signed in again.

Good: The app found my family and I can access one kid’s data at a time.

Bad: The app is not stable. I have two kids, which means I have to switch back to parent view and enter my password. Then I select my second kid to attempt to switch to their view. At this point, the app kicks me out and minimizes  When I reopen the app, I have to sign in again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @robinholzer, thank you for your reply.

I appreciate your efforts and thank you for letting me know that after log out/log in you can see your Family and switch to your kid's account. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing with the Fitbit app when you try to switch to your second kid's account. I would like to advise that our team is currently working to resolve this issue and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep the Fitbit devices and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. I appreciate your patience and understanding. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes