Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ace 2 doesn’t receive messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi- i just set up a new Ace 2 for my daughter. I set up her up as a family member and her Fitbit is synced with her iPad. When I send her a message from my Fitbit app it goes to her account on her iPad (Fitbit app) but she does not get the message on her ace 2 device. How can I send these messages to her ace 2?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warm welcome to the Community @Tatagigi !

Congratulations on your daughter's new Fitbit Ace 2! Let me assist you with your concern about receiving notifications on her Fitbit Ace 2. This tracker can display call notifications, but doesn't have the option for text, calendar or smartphone app alerts. For steps to set up call notifications, please see this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Please find more information about the Fitbit Ace 2 here

I'll be around if you need further help! Robot Happy

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

A warm welcome to the Community @Tatagigi !

Congratulations on your daughter's new Fitbit Ace 2! Let me assist you with your concern about receiving notifications on her Fitbit Ace 2. This tracker can display call notifications, but doesn't have the option for text, calendar or smartphone app alerts. For steps to set up call notifications, please see this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Please find more information about the Fitbit Ace 2 here

I'll be around if you need further help! Robot Happy

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a Christmas 2019 gift for my 8 year old son and we were under the impression that this was a capability of the Ace 2 as well. We would like to encourage an update patch for this capability so the device is able to receive texts.

Best Answer

yup why am I able to send a message if my child can’t receive it!!?? 

Best Answer

My 10 year old daughter does not have a phone plan and many young kids don’t. She uses wifi at home. However her Ace 2 does not pick up FaceTime calls or text messages. And it won’t notify her when I’ve messaged in the app. I’m very disappointed that it can’t notify a text...I will be returning the device and looking for another brand. I may be wrong but it seems like if it’s capable of notifying about phone calls then a software update should easily allow text and Fitbit app messages as well.  I also find the sleep tracker disappointing. My daughter is very upset...all it seems to do well is count her steps.  

Best Answer

Ypu can change that, press your account and scroll down to privacy then go to notifications and press that on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't look like Fitbit ever replied with a fix for this, did they? 

I have the same issue with my son's Ace2

Best Answer

Where do I do this??

Best Answer
Never received an accurate reply and/or fix from Fitbit regarding this
issue.

The issue still persists even though it has been confirmed notifications are
turned on.
Best Answer

Any word on this would love to have this feature on my son's Ace 2. We are satisfied with everything else. 

Best Answer

Is there an update on this?

Best Answer

Supp7876 was wondering what store you bought your fitbit from I was thinking of buying one and was wondering the price. Also what color is your band?

Sincerely,

me

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I am in "Child View " and texting my texts from my phone display on her watch. I cannot get them to come from her phone. and they say texts dont work.Goo thing my daughter is 6 and cant read that well yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We purchased the ace2 for our daughter and having the same challenge. Seems odd that a smart watch for young children who don't own a smart phone wouldn't include the messaging functionality.  If it can notify about phone call seems like this fix would be an easy one.  We will be returning this device if we don't hear back from fitbit with a response to this issue that advises in a fix. 

Best Answer

I agree.  I thought it was supposed to receive messages so you could contact the child quickly, especially if an emergency arises

Best Answer