Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent Notifications Showing On Ace 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a versa special edition and my daughter's both have Ace 2's.

Whenever I receive a text/Facebook/what's app/messenger notification on my Versa, my girls are getting the notification showing on their Ace 2!

Obviously this is something I don't want as I don't necessarily want them seeing all my messages!

Can I turn this off?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @Singingsister, yikes!  I would not like that either!  It sounds like your girls’ Fitbits are connected to your phone.  Do you use your phone to sync their Fitbits?

If you don’t use your phone - i.e. the girls use their own phones, an ipad, computer, etc to sync - then the solution is simple.  Just go in to your phone’s bluetooth settings, find their Fitbits, and choose unconnect and it should no longer be an issue.  If you want the girls’ Fitbits to connect to their own devices, you should make sure that only one device has bluetooth turned on at a time: i.e. to connect to Daughter 1’s phone/computer/ipad turn off Bluetooth and Daughter 2’s phone/computer/iPad as well as yours... Repeat for Daughter 2.

If you do use your phone to sync their Fitbits, but don’t want your messages to go to them, then their Fitbits will need to be “paired” to your phone, but not “connected”. 

You should be able to do this by also by unpairing, but sometimes getting them to sync again can be tricky...

For better guidance we would need to know how you sync your girls’ Aces, so if my brief instructions don’t help, or are not really clear, please do post again; there is always someone here to help.

I hope your girls are enjoying their Fitbits and you are getting lots of family steps and competitions going!  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

They do NOT have their own mobile phones and I use my phone to sync them.

Can you explain how to stop them recieving my notifications?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Singingsister , in that case you will have to make sure their Fitbits are “paired” but not “connected”.  Make sure notifications are turned off on their devices (click on the Account icon, select each Ace 2 and find the notifications setting there).  Then turn off Bluetooth on your phone for a few moments and then turn back on again, and hopefully their devices should show connect but not pair (you can check this in your phone’s bluetooth connections).  

Alternatively you can delete their devices from your Bluetooth connections, and, making sure notifications are turned off on their Ace 2s force a sync - which should prompt a connection, but without notifications turned on 

I am a little puzzled by your question, however, as my understanding is that the Ace 2 supports call notifications, but not text.  Oerhaps this has now been added but the manual not updated?

If you need further help, please post again indicating what phone you are using.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can they get any messages on the ace?  My daughter has an ace 2 and is receiving text messages

Best Answer