Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from kid to parent view

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When in kid view and you want to switch back to parent view, you need to enter a password and then instead of actually switching you back, it completely logs the parent out of the Fitbit app!  Why require a password if you then have to log back in again with email and password from scratch?!

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
133 REPLIES 133

@NicolaD1964 welcome to our Fitbit forums! You are welcome, I understand that this has been frustrating and thank you so much for your feedback.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since there has not been a message on this in a bit I wanted to share my frustration as well.  I thought I was doing something wrong switching back through the Parent Profile to see each child's data.  To find out that this is actually the only way to do it is both comforting (to know I wasn't missing something) and crazy frustrating.  This thread has been going for over a year and still this hasn't been fixed!  WOW! This is keeping me from recommending the Fitbit ace 2 to my friends with kids.

Best Answer

@Previn2019 thank you for participating in our Fitbit forums! I truly understand how you feel about this.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated since this helps us to keep improving our services and products.

Best Answer

Well it seems like this has been an ongoing issue since the development of the kid friendly devises. Is there actually a fix coming?

Best Answer

@NicolaD1964 thank you for joining us in this thread. Our team is actively working on a fix to this issue and once we have an update, we'll make sure to post it in the Community.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why was there an update to the kids' UI, but not in displaying what they've done. I wouldn't even mind needing to go to the bluetooth menu to switch which fitbit is currently being linked to, but having to sign in so many times is ridiculous. You could just skip the data that would be bad and give us step count. It's so dumb.

Best Answer

Agreed- also having problems switching. 

This is very frustrating ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

ACTIVELY. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. 

I mean, this complaint is well over a year old and the same dang problem still exists with TONS of complaints about it. 

I will I’ll definitely be recommending all my friends go with a different brand and just having a separate app to deal with because this is absurd.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone else think the “moderators” on here aren’t real people actually doing anything about the user inputs being received but are just AI bots replying with canned messages?

Best Answer

Must be. Goodness knows they have been “working on a fix” for well over a year. I wish I had done some more research I would have gotten a totally different tracker for my grandson. It’s a complete pain to access and also slower than death to synchronize 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I couldn't agree more. Fitbit seemed to cool but the difficutly of the
family using the platform and switching to kid view and parent view and
passwords. I'm still so sad we can't use our ace and flex, together. So
frustrating.
--
Thank you,
Michele
Best Answer
0 Votes
The only way they will listen is if people stop buying the Ace or return it and list “dreadful interface” as the reason. That’s what I did and I have no regrets.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Your comments were sent to our team.

Best Answer

Worst bot ever!  At least have a real person acknowledge that your interface is a massive fail, and that you are have roadmapped a fix.  Consider this one family of customers you've lost.  You've turned an evangelist into an active and vocal detractor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

so true! I have the same problem here. I have two kids and I have to switch back and forth every time i need to see their stats! Most of the time, it does not even work -- it does not switch back!!!! We need this problem to be fixed as soon as possible! 

Best Answer

I have the same exact problem!!! I am SO disappointed!!! 

Best Answer

Or could the family stats and synchronization be available on the website? My kids purposely paid for fitbits for the challenges with cousins etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand parent permission for friend approvals, but not for stats viewing and synchronizing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking through forums on this. My kids never wear theirs because it’s so cumbersome. Is there a fix coming or did I miss something?  Thanks. 

Best Answer

That's one hell of a timeframe, nearly 2 years and still the same issue 😞

Best Answer