Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Update New Ace 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughter received an Ace 2 for Christmas, and we  successfully connected the device to the Fitbit app on an iPad. However, it insists that we upgrade the device; however, the upgrade never gets past 6%. The Ace 2 is fully charged. We've tried resetting the device, rebooting the tablet, diabling/enabling bluetooth on the tablet, cursing, crying, pleading, sacrificing a goat to the dark gods, and nothing works. My daughter is incredibly dissapointed as she's wanted a fitbit for a longtime. And it is ridiculous that it's this difficult to upgrade a device. I shouldn't have to spend all night trying to make it work. At least we should be able to use the device without having to first upgrade. The device is useless at this point. I might have as well gifted her some rocks. Thanks for ruining Christmas, Fitbit!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I downloaded the Desktop Fitbit App, but it doesn't list the Ace 2 as a device! So another fine job there.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I was finally able to update the Ace 2 by using an iPhone instead of an iPad. It seems that syncing of any type does not work with an iPad. My daughter tried to download a new watch face and it failed, but we were able to do it from the phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

@RHPT, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your daughter's Fitbit Ace 2 can't update its firmware. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to resolve this issue before contacting our forums.

Let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m trying to set up an Ace 2 also and it won’t finish the “setup” phase. It’s sort of connected (showing battery status briefly in the app) but won’t finish registering and isn’t recognized as being setup. When I try to go through the setup again (using the number pairing) it insists on doing a firmware update. The update fails at 2% and Ace 2 returns to the scrolling message saying to go to the website to set up. I tried all reset options - rebooting device, resetting Bluetooth, rebooting tablet. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. It is insisting on doing a firmware update. The update fails at 2% and Ace 2 returns to the scrolling message saying to go to the website to set up. I tried all reset options - rebooting device, resetting Bluetooth, rebooting tablet, even tried a different device.

Best Answer

I was able to get the Ace 2 to pair with my phone not my daughter’s iPad and then it did the firmware update. I then removed it from my phone and added it to her iPad and that seemed to work.

After setup the first thing we tried was changing the clock face and now that’s failing with random errors. So far I’m very disappointed with Fitbit today..

Best Answer

I am having this same problem as well. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hi there I have managed to sync my daughter's new Fitbit ace 2 with my android phone but cannot give a clock face as none available unless I update which I have been trying to do all day. The screen on the Fitbit says 'www.fitbit.com/setup'.I could not use it all day. What can I do? 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue! Please email me when there's a fix. My 7 year old just got this gift for the Holidays and is very upset.

Best Answer

Same results. Update failed consistently before ever gaining any percentage completion. Now after dozens of attempts, it is stuck at 6%. After reading these posts, this is a super common issue. What a disappointment for young kids and parents at Christmas time. If FitBit is aware of all of these issues, stop pushing firmwares until there is a resolution.

Best Answer

Having the same problem, can't get past 2% on updating my daughters new fitbit. The BS bot responses on these forums are of no help whatsoever, it's great that they sympathize with me but a solution would be better. Will be returning this inferior product.

Best Answer

Having the same problem will not load the update and the Ace 2  will only show where the battery is and the loading bar while on the charger

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like an email from support too! 2 Christmas fitbits that don't work at our house. 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 4 Ace 2 fitbits that will not update and have 4 extremely sad kids. Have done all of the things recommended and still not working. What do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same thing for me! I have a very disappointed son who received it for Xmas. I e been trying for 2 days now, have tried all the troubleshooting - what next??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely the same issue here with two Ace 2's from Christmas.  As the OP mentioned trying to use the desktop app (macOS) and it does not even list the Ace line; the Mac app has not been updated since July 2018 so that is likely the issue.  

Is the solution just to keep trying?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yippee. It finally worked. Plugged the Fitbit into a laptop and pressed the button on side of Fitbit for 10 seconds, replugged back onto charge and pressed update on my phone and after about 40 minutes I got the update completed, happy days so try again and hope you all get it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 2 days of trying, my Ace 2 finally got the update successfully today. It took about 3 hours instead of the 5-10 minutes that Fitbit estimates. I'm assuming there is some issue with Fitbit servers and they can't keep up with the number of download requests.

I'm still not happy with Fitbit and the amount of time I spent on Christmas day trying to get this issue resolved for my son. Hope this helps and hope everyone can get the firmware upgrade needed to use the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening here! My sons ace 2 was all set up and when I went to sync it I have a message to update but it won't. Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was finally able to update the Ace 2 by using an iPhone instead of an iPad. It seems that syncing of any type does not work with an iPad. My daughter tried to download a new watch face and it failed, but we were able to do it from the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally got it to work as well. Gave up on the iPad and used Windows10 PC. Maybe it is not compatible with iPad, despite what Fitbit says?

Best Answer
0 Votes