Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Ace 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having difficulty setting up mum son’s new Ace 2. I have spent a significant amount of time going through each of the troubleshooting options including:

1. Checking the iPad Pro has at least 50% battery

2. Turning blue tooth off and on

3. Restarting the Ace 2 (including restarting it multiple times)

4. Deleting the Fitbit app and downloading it again

5. Turning the iPad Pro off and on

6. Checking the child account has been set up correctly

7. Even returning the Ace 2 and getting a replacement watch (apparently it is not uncommon for people to return watches due to problems with the set up - something I would not expect given the reputation and cost of Fitbits)

8. I am definitely connected to the Internet as otherwise I would not be able to send this message

9. I have taken my Fitbit Ace off so that it is not nearby

The app informs me that there is a Firmware update for the watch but unfortunately as I cannot set up the watch, I am also unable to update the software on the watch. Could the be the underlying problem? If so, what can I do to resolve it?

I am really disappointed that the set up is proving to be so difficult and would be grateful for your guidance as otherwise we may end up having to disappoint my 8 year old son by returning the watch. 

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

So how are we fixing these??

Been trying for 2 weeks and this has done my head in!!!!

Best Answer

Ridiculous answer!!!

Same problem, can't upgrade the band, and can't use it without upgrading.

So many people have the same problem for such long time, but seems no action to solve it at all. Best answer is just a joke.

Same problem, can't upgrade the band, and can't use it without upgrading.

So many people have the same problem for such long time, but seems no action to solve it at all. Best answer is just a joke.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

In case anyone is having a problem setting up their device, try this.

Fully charge the Fitbit Ace 2, and leave it connected with the gold pins aligned.

Press and hold the button for 30 seconds to restart it (the help article says 5 seconds - it never worked for me).  The screen should go black, and then press the button again to start it up.

For me - the tablet then saw the device and paired.  As soon as it paired, it did a software update.  The key part is restarting it.

My story:

I had the new fitbit ace2, tried getting it set up with an iphone, a lenovo tablet and a samsung tablet.  it wouldnt pair with any of them.

I tried the five second holding the button in to restart it, that never worked.

I had a support chat with support on the website, they tried pretty much everything i had, and said to post it back to them in the netherlands.

I thought i'd give it one last shot, held the button in for a good while, and the screen went blank, started it up again and like with most things, a restart fixed it.

once it did the firmware update, it has worked perfectly every time since then.

Best Answer

I have the same problems as everyone else with Ace 2. I’ve done everything several times except exchanging them. I bought 2 for my daughters for Christmas and it’s May and they still have disconnect issues. I also bought an Ace 2 for my nieces birthday last month and I still can’t get it to connect to my iPad Pro. I would’ve bought a different tracker but she wanted to match her cousins. This thread doesn’t show an answer it just loops me to more complaints. These Ace 2’s appear to be a complete waste of money.

Best Answer

-I am extremely frustrated. I have been at IT professional for 26yrs and have never come across a product that is flawed out of the box as the Ace 2. One, it can't be used with Amazon Fire devices as the Fitbit app won't show the Family Mode to switch the child's profile. Two, I have now tried it with a different Android tablet, an Android Samsung S7 phone, a Motorola Android Android and a Windows 10 PC. All fully patched an updated and on wireless wired and mobile networks. One device reached 2 or 3 or percent and failed around 20 times, one reach 20 percent and failed around 20 times and lastly, the Samsung phone reaches 36 percent and has failed around 30-40 times. 

Can someone from Fitbit please advise what the solution is to this issue?  Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Andrew. 

Best Answer

Total garbage. Sending back to Amazon within an hour of getting it. Everything is charged yet it fails to setup. Should have read the reviews first. Not wasting my time. 2020 and basic user experience fails. 

Best Answer

So nothing from Fitbit so the device has been returned to Amazon.  Not surprised by the lack of response as this product appears to be an absolute dud, the developers have done nothing and the support teams have given up.  Can't blame the support teams, if the developers don't fix the issue or FubaredBit don't issue a recall then what are they supposed to do.  Clearly a manufacturing issue or faulty OS out of the box so they should recall and fix, instead they just bury their heads in the sand and let people continue to buy faulty devices to keep their sales up.  Appalling behaviour.

The Ace2 has been returned, this was my 4th Fitbit product but will never buy a product from Fitbit again.

Best Answer

So sorry to hear. It’s a real shame that the user experience is SO bad with this product. Won’t go for Fitbit again. 

Best Answer

My three kids were soooo excited to get Fitbits but I'm breaking my head trying to get them setup - nothing but a spinning wheel as it switches to child view.  Reading all these comments and I'm wondering does Fitbit really not have an answer this this crazy common problem?!?!?!?  I was on the phone with two different Fitbit people and literally they had nothing, n o solution.  I'm so bummed to have to return these, my kids are even more disappointed.  

Best Answer

Absolute joke of a product. Got me eldest daughter a fitbit Lite and had a nightmare setting that up, and eventually got it resolved. Her younger sister wanted a fitbit and today we got her an Ace 2 for her birthday as she is only 9. Here i am 3 hours later and nowhere closer to getting the bloody thing to work. Going around in circles. Ive given up reading the threads as i have tried EVERYTHING....

Very very disapointed.... it will be going back and i will never buy a fitbit again

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing this... Most helpful tip and far better advice than anything on the fitbit help pages... Currently reset and linked and 28% into an update. So fingers crossed. There's a reason why many in the running community call them *hitbits......... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this the "Best Answer"? Looks like many people still have this issue, and are returning this faulty product. Why won't your app and product work properly? Are you working on a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you set it up? I’m having trouble and it’s not setting up. My 11 year old is very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,Its a royal pain in the arse to set up. Your best bet is to connect it to your laptop/PC and download the app that way.Even with that, its the lick of the draw if it connects.Honestly it drove me nuts Best of luck with it.NoelSent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did it end up setting up for you?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, but not without issues. I gone an Ace2 for my daughter and a Versa for
my other, and both took an age to get going.

No way could i get them to confirgue initially via Bluetooth, and i tried
phones, Tablets and PC's, but i ended up having to connect via USB cable to
get to work.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It did after several frustrating attempts.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thank you! I haven’t tried that. I’ll let you know. Fingers crossed, say a prayer lol

Didn’t work. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Afraid not sorry.Other than put in back innits box and get your money back.Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh add me to the list of people with a dissapointed 8 year old. How is this an issue still an issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes