Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update has removed sleep tile on Ace 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just updated the kids Ace 3, but the update has removed the sleep tile from the watch. Sleep is still tracking no problems but it just doesn't show on the watch?

Was the update meant to remove this tile??

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Commers05 

Unfortunately when searching around for a possible fix I found this thread here:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ace-Family-Accounts/Ace-3-shows-No-Data-for-sleep/td-p/4855902/page/...

Apparently if you go through the thread it appears as if this has been an issue for sometime now. Why it’s happening for you now is a mystery. But the thread continues until as early as this month. 

Some of the suggestions I read were to try restarting the Ace 3 to address the issue. Your child will not lose any of their data doing a restart. Here’s how it’s properly done: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.htm

Others have changed the clock face and that seemed to help. Here’s how:https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2311.htm

I’m hopeful that either a restart or a clock face change will solve the issue your Ace 3 is experiencing. Please let me know if it answers your question and provides you with a solution. If not I’d certainly join that other thread and participate in the conversation. If it’s an issue that needs addressing and a fix/solution is forthcoming it would certainly be announced their. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually whta reported by @Commers05 was different than what previously experienced. In fact with the update the entire icon disappeared from the tracker while previously the problem, not experienced by everybody, was "just" the indication of NO DATA below the icon on the tracker, depsite the app shows the tracked sleep.

Upon the update the sleep icon disappeared also from my son's ace 3 but I'm happy to report that the icon reappered few hours later he woke up this morning. In addition the icon showed the time slept (as I didn't have it) so the bug apparently is also fixed but I will report tomorrow again the result.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

That’s great news @Dopovo! 😃 Hopefully that will be the case for you as well @Commers05 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm afraid I spoke too soon...

photo_2022-09-03_22-32-39.jpg

I'll confirm tomorrow.

Best Answer

😮okay that’s not good @Dopovo!

@Commers05  and @Dopovo  I’ll tag this post as a possible bug in the Ace 3 in reference to sleep tracking to a moderator. It’s quite possible the latest update needs a bit of tweaking. 

‘Just wondering if the latest update changed your child’s sleep goal….I’d look to make sure that the sleep goal hasn’t been altered in someway in the Fitbit App. (Just a thought)

Best Answer
0 Votes

And today magically the sleep data is on tracker

16622764845468073883486709016857.jpg

So I can't understand if the bug has been fixed and if so why yesterday didn't work.

Best Answer

Interesting @Dopovo.….the behavior is certainly erratic. Hopefully a moderator will join the conversation and put some clarity on the situation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know if the missing sleep data from devices (not just on Ace 3 but the issue has also existed for years on the Ace 2 as well) is happening on all Ace 3's? Or does it appear to be hit and miss and works on some but not others? 

So, so infuriating that Fitbit know about the issue, keep advertising their products as having this feature, but won't fix it! Surely there's some sort of case for mis-advertising there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sure it works for somebody and not for others, it shall be noted it was the same also for Inspire 1 and 2 but an update solved the issue for inspire 2. 

Now considering that ACE 3 is just an Inspire 2 with a firmware aimed to disable many functions it's really infuriating (thanks for the inspiring word @Kathryn1912 ) that Fitbit doesn't bother to fix it.

I've been always loving Fitbit but some recent attitude is making me to start to consider alternatives...

Best Answer