Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not tracking sleep stages.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve read other posts. I too am not getting consistent readings of sleep stages. Yes the band is set properly on my wrist. Yes the HR is charged. Yes my heart rate tracks all night. Given everything I’ve read, could it be that Fitbit is having a software problem?  Any thoughts?  Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
233 REPLIES 233

What number did you called pls?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called 877-623-4997 and got through to a person surprisingly easily. My problem is not solved, however, so be prepared to tell them all you’ve done thus far to try to fix it on your own. They were very pleasant.

Chris
Best Answer

I did a reset on my Inspire HR during the day on Friday and made sure it went to the smiley face completion (not sure if the Alta HR does this).  Anyway, I have gotten a sleep score the last two nights, although I had to edit the sleep times to show my actual beginning and ending times.  Sometimes my Fitbit doesn't always record the correct times, if I get up during the night.  The app did not seem to retrieve the sleep information for the whole time period when I first entered it, but did seem to retrieve it during a later sync.  Not exactly sure when that is happening.  I have been emailing with Customer Support and sharing this information with them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s excellent to hear something is working because the email replies I’ve been getting from Fitbit seem to be ignoring the idea of a software problem. I just deleted and reloaded the app and edited my sleep log but I think the Alta is just not working, so I’m about ready to give up on it.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have Inspire Fitbit and have also experienced incomplete sleep tracking if I get up during the night. Fortunately, it does not happen often. I think sometimes it might happen depending upon your position while sleeping or how your fitbit is lying on your wrist. If it happens all the time and you are resetting your Fitbit, then it's  a problem with the fitbit.  It is frustrating when when not working the way it should all the time. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Yep is happening all the time beginning 3/2 and after lots of resetting. It’s definitely Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that.  Are you under warranty ? Can you return it and get another one. You should be compensated in some way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed but unfortunately no. It’s a couple of years old 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fitbit- this is a repeat issue for me.

Last time I had this issue the device was replaced. It has worked properly for 7 months but now I am having the same issue. I’ve reset the device and it does not help. Appreciate sparing me the textbook answers and would be very grateful for a proper technical explanation and resolution.

Please advise!

E286D341-57C6-4184-A4C9-E0CEBF6351DE.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last time I had this issue the device was replaced. It has worked properly for 7 months but now I am having the same issue. This started as soon as an update was carried out. I’ve reset the device and it does not help. Appreciate sparing me the textbook answers and would be very grateful for a proper technical explanation and resolution.

Please advise!

FA84F83E-3393-4FD3-A49E-0F23082C2C1E.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last time I had this issue the device was replaced. It has worked properly for 7 months but now I am having the same issue. This started after the update was carried out. I’ve reset the device and it does not help. Appreciate sparing me the textbook answers and would be very grateful for a proper technical explanation and resolution.

Please advise!

ECFE6F1B-6721-49F8-AC43-3A0C15ED35B5.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry to tell you I have no idea as I’ve still not been able to resolve the issue. I haven’t received sleep details since 3/1 & nothing I’ve tried has worked either. You might call customer support, though I’m not sure they have much to offer that is different from what’s been tried. It is all very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice. The app then requires you
to allow location (which maybe I disabled?) And then it tracked my sleep.
Until it happened again.

Good luck!
Best Answer

Yep I did the same to no avail. Good idea though!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank You for ur reply, hopefully by now ur situation resolved. 2days ago,
my Fitbit came back ! And is now recording my sleep and getting my advice
when I get a call. Thank God as I really like this watch, I just replaced
it as my old one only lasted 1 yr and didn't buy a warranty. Have great day
and stay safe!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the response; it worked for one night and now it’s not tracking again.... 😳

Kind Regards,

Nicola C Conlan

Tell me and I will forget;
Show me and I may remember;
Involve me and I will understand
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it actually did! I reset it yet again, charged it overnight, changed the setting back to sensitive, allowed it to always track my location, and it finally started providing details yesterday morning and again today. You know what I think? It was a software issue they finally fixed because it looks slightly different. I was going to give it 5 days before reporting to the community to be sure it continued. Anyway thanks for checking, and you stay safe too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried a few things I reported in a post I just sent about resetting it (again), charging it overnight, setting it to “always” tracking, and set it to sensitive and the next night it finally worked and worked again last night. I think they did something to the software, so maybe try all that overnight and see if it works the next night. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no button my charger to press?

Best Answer
0 Votes

on the USB end of the charger there is a small button

Best Answer
0 Votes