Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR turning off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the past 2 weeks, my Alta HR has been dying half way through the day. But when I plug it and push the button on the cord, it turns on and shows that I still have lots of battery left, sometimes as much as 80%. I have had to do this ridiculous dance everyday for the past 2 weeks and it's getting really annoying. Any solution?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hi @henribayo, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding your post. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for troubleshooting your Alta HR before posting, I understand how frustrating this situation can be for you. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? If you haven't already done so, please try our restart process and let me know if the issue persists.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This started about 6 weeks ago, and it happens every day. It shuts down
after about 2 or 3 hours, and it usually still has a full charge. I am not
even bothering with it anymore and I stopped using it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem. I've tried to restart it. That has worked a couple of times, but now I'm not getting any response. I'm guessing that its dead!  : (

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my issues are pretty much the same and started 2 days ago.

1) I charged it to full the night before, and at about 7pm on Thursday it was dead.

2) Charged it to full again, and took it off the charger at about 2am. it stopped tracking my sleep at 8am, and was dead when i woke up. 

3) Charged it again till about 1pm. took a nap, woke at 4pm, it was dead.

4) Plugged it into the charger, it revived and shows that the battery is still about 2/3 full-- but now shows the time as 2.46pm (it is 4.40pm). I'm leaving it plugged in to charge for the moment.

I've owned various fitbits for pretty much the past 8 years and nothing like this has ever happened... What gives? 😞

Best Answer

My Fitbit is also crashing up to 10 times a day for the last few days. It  had been playing up for a couple of weeks before this but not as bad. I'm having to restart it using the power cable

Best Answer

I am having this same problem. Has anyone gotten any help about it?

Mine started doing this about 6 months ago. I troubleshooted it and learned to restart it, did the dance for a while, then gave up.

I put it in a drawer this whole time, but truth is I want to use it, that's why I bought it.

Now I brought it out again and used it for a few days, same problem.

When I buy something like this, I expect it to work for more than a year and a half (which is how long this one worked), and I don't believe in throwing it away and buying a new one, as if it were disposable. It shouldn't be. 

I will appreciate any help.

Best Answer

This fault is happening to to me as well. It's really frustrating especially now where it is equally important to track fitness/exercise progress. Sometimes it  turned off during exercise!

Best Answer

i feel this so much!!! esp cos i rely on my tracker to monitor my sleep AND activity patterns. luckily i had a samsung smart watch-- i've switched to it whilst seeing if this can be resolved.

Best Answer

I’ve been having this exact problem too the past 2 weeks... device crashing at least once or twice a day suddenly but today it has been 5 times already! It does restart but only to crash again a while later. So I have been to customer support chat just now & been told my device is at the end of its useful life if the restart process doesn’t properly fix it as it is the only troubleshooting option for an Alta HR. It’s only 2 years old & I am very very disappointed! Please please post here if anyone finds a solution!

Best Answer

I have the same issue since 10 days, and it is very boring. What's happen? We need a solution 

Best Answer

i restarted the alta a lot of time, but the issue still her, he switch off alone, after several hours

Best Answer

I've been having exactly the same problem as you've all described for the past 5 weeks. Very frustrating & I too have taken to no longer wearing it. Mine is 2 1/2 years old.  

Best Answer

Identical issue.  What’s happening, guys?  

There is nothing wrong with us or our fitbits!! Something needs a remote fix, surely?

Yesterday, 5 hrs of charging gave me 1hrof use. Today, it won’t even charge or re-start.

Best Answer

This is also affecting my band. Mine started about 3 weeks ago. Most mornings by the time I wake up or shortly after I am awake, my Fitbit has crashed, even with a full or half full battery life. I am having to reset it with the cable all the time. It went off three times yesterday. So far today it’s gone off twice already and it’s not yet afternoon! Is there a permanent fix to this problem or is this the end of life for my Fitbit Alta HR??

Best Answer
I am suspicious that this has just started happening for so many of us!

If someone at Fitbit monitors this forum please can YOU respond to say if there has been some ‘remote’ problem that could be causing this?

A friend has suggested I delete then reinstall the software (even tho the app has been working fine for me & it is just my device itself that keeps crashing) 🤷‍:female_sign:
Has anyone tried this yet?
I will report in here if it works!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wondered that too. I keep getting emails about the new Fitbit Charge 4, and I am starting to get the nagging suspicion that they purposely bricked our devices to force us to purchase the new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

since yesterday, my alta not able to connect, she only write www.fitbit.com/setup

but impossible to start the setup, on phone or pc, but the bluetooth find it....

Best Answer
0 Votes