Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Quick-View and Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Today, my fitbit Alta has stopped going to the clock on quick-view or when I tap it. Instead, it shows the battery. How do I change it so it shows the clock first?

Also, the Alta stopped vibrating when I get text messages. I checked all my settings and nothing has changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I'm not sure why it would have changed on you, since you didn't change any of your settings.

However, to change it so the clock shows first you can go to "Account" in your Fitbit app, select your Alta, then "Customize Display".  There you should be able to check off what you want to see on your display and the order that they appear in.

If all of your settings appear correct in the Fitbit app but your Alta is not behaving as expected, I am sure someone will tell you to restart your Alta and then try syncing.

Hope that helps.  Good luck!

Best Answer

@lsmith99 A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Fitbit Alta shows the battery icon first instead of the clock on the "Quick-View feature". I'd like to follow up on this and would like to know if your Fitbit Alta is still having these issues. If so, the workarounds that my friend @JessicaKaye are great and you can go a head and try them. You can restart your Fitbit as advised in Melissa's post.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same problem...tried everything that Jessica suggested, but still get the battery rather than the clock on the quick view and double tap.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Never mind ..the restart described by Melissa did the trick. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoeWallace I'm so glad to hear that the restart process fixed the issue you experienced. Thanks for keeping the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in the Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. How do you restart an Alta?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JessHammond Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that you are also experiencing the same issue. Regarding your question, please visit this post from Melissa, which contains the restart process. Try this a few times in a row and test your Alta's behavior and see if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, IT WORKED!!!!

Best Answer

@JessHammond I'm so glad to hear that the notifications are working properly now! Thanks for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same trouble that my Fitbit Alta keeps showing the battery first in quick view. I have left my Fitbit to charge and that does not seem to have fixed it. I have also tried restarting it multiple times with no help. I have also tried deleting and re adding my Fitbit to my app. So far nothing seems to work. Hopeing someone could help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta is doing this - showing the battery on quick view. It also has just decided to shut off even though it was 80% charged. So I find this thread as I am trying to find out how to fix things and when I click on the link for Melissa’s post in how to reset, it tells me that Access is denied!! Why on earth would that be protected information? And why would’nt I be able to see it?  So very frustrating to spend all this time trying to fix a product that should work as it always has and now has just decided to be problematic. I’ve reset it 4 times! I’ve deleted it from the app and reinstalled it! I’ve rearranged the order of the display items! These are the things that suck the life out of people.  Such a waste. 

Best Answer
0 Votes