Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta battery and display issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

I have been having a battery issue for a while now, and wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has a solution. I love(d) my Fitbit HR but am frustrated with it being dead almost daily, or worse that it dies but when I put it on the charger the battery level is almost full. I was out with the dog for almost two hours today and when I got home my Fitbit had died some where along the way, but according to my app the battery is not dead. If I don't charge it nightly it doesn't last the day, it is less than a year old and used to stay charged so I don't know what happened or how to fix it. 

IMG_0054.JPGIMG_0055.JPGIMG_0056.JPG

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner , thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and thank you for letting me know that your charging cable doesn't have a button. I've shared your case with our Support team so they can continue assisting you on this matter and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

I just started having exact same issues with my Alta.  I’ve had mine about 15 months and wear it daily.  If I charge it overnight, it is dead by 4pm the next day.  Previously the charges would last for 4-5 days.

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner , it's nice to see you in the Community and @Lorshu welcome to the forums! I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@SunsetRunner thank you for sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Alta turning itself off while the battery level is full. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this, thank you for providing photos and a screenshot. I suggest you restart your device by following these steps: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

@Lorshu thank you for sharing your experience. I'd like you to restart your tracker as described in this help article. This will refresh your tracker internally. I also recommend checking our troubleshooting tips to prevent battery drain at: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

Keep me posted on the outcome!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not have a button on my cable cord. The butterfly clip broke on the original charger and I bought a new one, but it doesn't have a button on it. Is there any other way to restart or do I need to purchase a new cord? 

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner , thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and thank you for letting me know that your charging cable doesn't have a button. I've shared your case with our Support team so they can continue assisting you on this matter and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried to restart my Fitbit Alta several times. When I push the button 3 times as instructed, the Fitbit vibrates, but I don’t see the icon. I have also turned off some of the features.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Lorshu, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem described here. Unfortunately I also bought a new charger that does not have the button. As such I am unable to restart as shown here. Is there a number to call for support ? 

Best Answer
I gave up after a week of back and forth with Fitbit support and bought a new one. They offered a discount if I purchased directly from them, but put restrictions on the model I could choose. Even with their “discount” it still exceeded a sale price at a local store. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Do you think its a coincidence that we're all starting to have these issues right around the time of the app upgrade and the discontinuation of the Alta? I feel that this is planned on Fitbit's part - and we're all starting to log on and see what our next options are...and getting annoyed to the point where we break down and buy another one.

Fitbit, you should give us the value of our original Alta if you want us to stay loyal customers. Otherwise, an Apple watch is looking pretty good right now!

Best Answer

Its not the charger. Its Fitbit and planned obsolescence. They want us to spend more $ when all of this happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reading your messages and all of this makes me both nervous and quite upset. My fit bit was a gift and I haven’t used it that long for it to all of a sudden have these problems. And it wasn’t cheap! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received the same lousy service.  3 months old and all I have is a small brick. As long as I keep it on the charge, it works..  take it off. DEAD. no display

and no help from support

Best Answer
0 Votes

greed. I could by a cheap chinese knockoff that lasts longer than the 100 days since I bought it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @NanaMoks @mariejanderson @KMAC51. Thank you for your reply, @Lorshu. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@NanaMoks thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and the information that your charging cable does not have the button. I understand how you are feeling as you received the tracker as a gift and haven't had it for a long time. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

@mariejanderson I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience and feedback. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts. 

@KMAC51 @Lorshu thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer

The same thing is happening to me. I tried to restart my fitbit but I don't have any button to press to do this. I have an Alta. Used to last for days. Now it doesn't last for half a day and it says it's charged but then isn't registering any steps. And I've had to replace the strap twice now. Is there anything I can do about this? I miss my fitbit.

Best Answer

My issue is the same. No button. Can you share how to restart without a button?

Best Answer

Hi there i am having issues with my battery life over the past month.  Used to last 4 to 5 days now I need to charge it two or three times a day just to get through the day.  charge drains instantly. Please help . I am using the Alta HR.

Thanks

Gaitre

Best Answer
0 Votes