Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta just suddenly stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday it was fully functioning and the battery was almost fully charged. Went to check it before bed and it wouldn't turn on, completely black screen. Today I connected it to my computer and even though it connected to sync, is doing nothing. Help please!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It might be worth trying a restart. It does no harm and can sort out all sorts of issues. Here's how:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Give it a few tries as it doesn't always work.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

It might be worth trying a restart. It does no harm and can sort out all sorts of issues. Here's how:

Best Answer
Thanks! It worked!
Best Answer

My fitbit was working fine when I went to bed, fully charged and synced to my laptop, and then suddenly stopped working. I woke up in the morning to find it wouldn't turn on to show me the time, charge or restart.

Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, mine did exactly the same thing a few months after I got it and, someone directed me to do a "restart/reboot" ...can't remember the exact term, but it worked perfectly. If you check the website for that, you should be able to find instructions. I am sorry to not be more helpful...can't remember how we did it.
But, good news - it can be done!

From Cindy
Via her iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working!!

I briefly got it to connect to the app on my laptop but it won't charge, there's absolutely nothing on the screen and the restart won't work!

I have had it plugged in charging on and off for 2 days now to no effect and I have tried to restart it countless times to no effect.

Any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called the 'help' number - I think I googled the company help/contact us info. If I remember correctly I had a hard time finding it on the website that is typical for charging/syncing the unit...

From Cindy
Via her iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @EmmaR1, if you're already tried to perform the restart procedure mentioned before at least a couple times, I would recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance, they will let you know how to proceed. I hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted customer support and they have sorted it all out. Thanks for your replies!!
Best Answer
Oh thank goodness - I am glad this worked out. I remember how irritated I was when mine quit 😀

From Cindy
Via her iPad
Best Answer

Awesome, thanks for the update @EmmaR1

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this issue tonight. It won't charge. Screen was black now has empty battery on it. Tried to restart and nothing. So I'm going to call CS in the morning, I hope I get just as good of luck with them as you did. Thank you for keeping us up on what was happening this has helped.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured out my problem without calling customer service. Thank goodness, because that would have been seriously embarasing. Spelled that word wrong..lol  I digress. I plugged my Alta in again this morning to charge it. The problem was that the battery was empty.  It's fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not wear my Fitbit altar for a week. When I wanted to start wearing it again so I recharged the battery. Wore it for  a day but nothing registers on the app dashboard . How can I reactive ate the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sandej  It might be worth trying a restart. It does no harm and can sort out all sorts of issues. Here's how:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. The back of the Alta gets really hot when plugged in to charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta isn’t working. It’s fully charged and when connected to power it’s fine but as soon as I take it off, it stops working. I’ve tried resetting it a few times now but still doesn’t work. What should I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rower18, welcome to the Community forums. 

I'm sorry to see that you've been experiencing difficulties with the display of your Alta, and thank you for confirming that you already tried to restart your device a few times. While sending your information to the Customer Support team I was informed that you already have a case created with the Customer Support team; you should be getting a reply soon for further assistance. 

Keep me posted on the outcome.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same things kept happening to me (super frustrating by the way to finally get a Fitbit after being a doubter and have it not work well straight off the bat).  I tried the restart and all, but it kept dying after a certain battery level and I noticed once it buzzed right before dying. 

However, it seems like mine is improving.  Who knows if doing the following is actually what's helping or not, but I ended up just topping up the battery, using it until it would shut off, and then putting it back to charge and topping it off again every single time, and every time so far, the battery life has been improving and i've experienced this random shutting off less. 

Would be curious to see if doing this works for anyone else or if it's just a fluke for me.  I'm thinking that topping the battery off every time helps recalibrate the battery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My alta fitbit stopped working is fully charged with black screen

Best Answer
0 Votes