Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta syncing problems

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Until just recently, my Alta would sync regularly using the dongle provided (that might not be the correct term, but it fits into a USB slot). But for some reason, it's just stopped. I'm using an LG G4 phone, running Android 6.0 with the app, which also used to sync via Bluetooth until yesterday. Suddenly neither way will sync. I've had a look at the list of supported Android devices, to find that it needs Android 7.0. I'm not willing to upgrade my phone so that I can use Android 7.0 or higher. Is there anything else that I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JennyCurtin, welcome to the Community forums. 

Thank you for sharing this information about the trouble you've been experiencing to sync your Alta with the computer and with your phone. 

As you mentioned, I was able to confirm that this phone model is currently not listed here as a compatible device  to sync with the Fitbit app.

If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch, however, we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

Some users have also been able to sync by following the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems. You can also find other important tips and requirements in this article about the use of the Fitbit app on your Android phone. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @JennyCurtin, welcome to the Community forums. 

Thank you for sharing this information about the trouble you've been experiencing to sync your Alta with the computer and with your phone. 

As you mentioned, I was able to confirm that this phone model is currently not listed here as a compatible device  to sync with the Fitbit app.

If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch, however, we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

Some users have also been able to sync by following the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems. You can also find other important tips and requirements in this article about the use of the Fitbit app on your Android phone. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Thank you. It seems that my dongle is no longer operative. I shall have to buy a new one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my Fitbit quit syncing on Friday of last week and changes the clock time randomly, twice so far. what causes this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the troubleshooting and CANNOT get my Fitbit to sync anymore. It just will not. I don't know what to do anymore because it is unusable at this point. The time is off so the steps are never write for the day. 

Best Answer