Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta turning off when unplugged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I've had my Alta for three years now and I stopped using it because I broke the charger.

When the fitbit is charging it works just fine, but when I unplug it, it only works for like 10 seconds and the screen goes blank. I have tried restarting it and syncing it to my computer, but none has helped.

Can someone help me fix this?? I'll probably switch to a Samsung watch. Hahahaha 

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Znov, thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

I appreciate all the details that were shared in your post and for trying some troubleshooting steps prior to posting, certainly, your Alta isn't working the way it was designed. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you with further assistance regarding the difficulties you're currently experiencing. That said, please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon. 

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! The costumer support team already contacted me and I followed all the steps. My alta shows that its fully charged, but when I unplug it, the screen goes blank.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @Znov.

I'm happy to know that our Customer Support team is in touch with you to resolve this situation. Please refer to the information that they provided and contact them back if you require further assistance with your device.

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I need help with my Fitbit Alta.  While it’s plugged it works fine.  I followed the necessary step however nothing is working.  Please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine rmdoes the same only it's brand new. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked for a day. Now it won't turn on and the battery is fine.  Thanks for any help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Angelicarios78 and @CLW714, welcome to the Community Forums! My apologies for the delay in responding your posts.

I appreciate the details that were shared in both of your posts. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to follow the next steps to restart your Alta devices and let me know if after completing such process the issue persists:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.

3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cuando el Fitbit se está cargando, funciona bien, pero cuando lo desconecto, no prende. La aplicación dice que tiene batería llena pero no prende

¿Me pueden ayudar?por favor

Best Answer
0 Votes
English pleaseSent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 5G Evolution smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes